“Great discovery!”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
“Great discovery!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

This is a great find for anyone who likes delicious food in quaint surroundings, with a lovely garden and plenty of parking. The cream teas and cakes were the best we had on our week long holiday in Jersey. We returned with friends for a light lunch, including wonderful crab sandwiches, toasted sandwiches and cakes/puddings, which the children thoroughly enjoyed, before returning our hire cars to the airport nearby for our flights home. We found this tea room on our first visit to Jersey, six years ago, and were delighted that it was just as we had remembered it.

Visited June 2013

Jersey, United Kingdom
“Overpriced and service with a smile (not!)”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Dropped in for a quick snack for a catch up with a friend. Was served by quite frankly a very miserable woman. The atmosphere in this cafe is terrible, there is none! Seriously, they need to play some background music or put the radio on.

All the cakes are hugely overpriced. I had a scone with jam for 2.95. The scone is so small, two mouthfuls and its gone.

Not my cup of tea. Would not recommend to anyone.

• Visited May 2013
“Odd little place...”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Took a friend for afternoon tea after purchasing vouchers from quidsin. The afternoon tea itself was nothing to complain about but the surroundings felt like I was sitting in a small church hall or social club function room. There's quaint and then there's poplars tearoom. It desperately needs some sprucing to make it feel cleaner and more welcoming. The tables are very close together so I felt uncomfortable having a conversation as you could here everyone else in the room. I'd take my mum back but would not recommend to anyone under the age of 50. Really not what I was expecting.

• Visited February 2013
“Quaint, cute and yummy”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

If your mother ever baked cakes, puddings or bread, I bet it never tasted as good as the fare on offer in the 10am-5pm tea shop in the middle of a farm. Absolutely favourite - plum and almond tart - so tart and sweet it makes you think of ambrosia. Lovely staff too

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank SmileyWriter
Romford Essex
“A must for everyone visiting Jersey!”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This family run tea room has become a firm favourite whenever I visit Jersey. Firstly, It has car parking facilities so no problems trying to park up. The tea rooms are in very pleasant surroundings, with a pretty garden for al fresco eating. Inside, the tea room has quaint, traditional tea rooms ambience but with a unique character. The staff are friendly and very obliging.
But the best thing of all is the food!!! I had the best cheese scones ever, and when I thanked the staff member, she said "Oh, that's two 'best evers' today, that lady just said she has the best ever toastie!"
The choice of cakes is varied and appetisingly on show. They also offer a range of simple yet tasty light lunches such as toasties, sandwiches and salads. All very attractively presented.
Anyone, whether alone or with a family of children would feel well catered for here.
As I tucked into my second cheese scone,( I just had to order a second after tasting the first!!!!), I vowed to return on my next visit, and I hope it will be soon!

• Visited April 2013