“High recommended for families with 3 to 12 yr olds”
Review of The Tree House

The Tree House
Ranked #36 of 55 Restaurants in St. Brelade
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Tree House offers traditional pub cuisine using local ingredients with a wood-burning pizza oven and chicken rotisserie together with home-made burgers, local fish and chips and a new gluten free menu. On the same site, La Marquanderie Inn serves a range of pub fayre and real ales in cosy surroundings.‘Home-made’ is the philosophy of The Tree House with our pizza dough and tasty sauces produced fresh every morning. The pizzas from the traditional stove are scrumptious with a crispy base and heaps of toppings.The Tree House is the ideal family venue. Tasty, healthy kids menus alongside the delicious array of adult choices, mums and dads can enjoy a relaxing dinner, safe in the knowledge that the kids are well entertained in the soft play area, The Monkey House. One of the Island's best indoor play areas within a restaurant and bar environment! If you're without little ones, The Tree House is ideal for a chilled out meal and drink or two, with a stunning woodland al fresco area and cosy interior, suitable for all.
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We drove past and once my girls saw the outdoor play area they wouldn't stop going on until we went there. We went on a Sunday evening for early evening meal (6pm ish). Upon arrival there's a large carpark and attractive outside seating area and conservatory. We were quickly greeted and seated, and I was most impressed with the children's menu and the fact you are offered Toddler and Child size portions (just £3 for toddler) so having 2 small children that don't eat much that was excellent! Food was good, priced well and service prompt. The kids loved the inside softplay area and outside playground.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

The promise of rotisserie chicken pulled us away from the excellent choice of restaurants along the bay at St.Brelades, but it was not worth the walk up the hill. Incredible small portions of chicken and salad and potatoes and pointless additional sauces that added nothing to the meal disappointed, as did the service. The only plus point was the play area that our five year old thought was amazing....

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We haven't bee here for a while but the rotisserie chicken is always excellent. This time was no exception. No change in the basic menu but done well, efficiently served and with exemplary smiles from the staff. A family favourite and very child friendly.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

My new girlfriend & I turned up unannounced at 8pm on Friday night, it was extremely busy both inside and out as you'd expect this time of year
After waiting only 5 minutes the Romanian front of house guy (in his black Lacoste trainers - very nice by the way!) found us a seat in the conservatory but apologised saying it might take 20 minutes to get our food as they were chocker-block.
We ordered some drinks and garlic bread to keep us going and by the time we were finishing the mains arrived - perfect timing & way ahead of schedule.
A glass of wine, coke, garlic bread, half roast pir piri chicken and steak & mushroom pie came to £38 which I thought was acceptable (not the best flavoured piri piri I've ever had but no way near the worst).
The atmosphere was relaxed but jovial, the attractive waitresses were constantly smiling and politely asked a couple of times if everything was ok, both which I think is very important in this industry. A lovely dinner on a warm summers night.
TIP: if in larger groups and on weekend book ahead - I could see a family of 6 very upset at the time it took them to be served, but this is hardly the staffs fault!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was really looking forward to having dinner in this restaurant having passed it on numerous occasions. We arrived without a reservation and were asked to take a seat in the waiting area until they checked to see if they had a table for us. We could see into the restaurant and it was almost empty ( and remained that way the whole time we were there). After about a 10 minute wait we were taken to our table. There was a wide variety of food on the menu suitable for all tastes. I ordered their surf and turf special which was one of the most expensive things on the menu and boy was I disappointed. The portion size was tiny. The steak was very small (no bigger than a half slice of bread) and it had 4 wee prawns sitting on top. The chips had been over cooked and were hard as rocks. My daughter had sausage and mash and said it was just ok but she wasn't fussed on the taste of the sausages. My husband had a half roast chicken with piri piri and chips. He said it was nothing special. To be honest we should have complained at the time but we were tired and hungry so just made do. I was the one who suggested going there and felt I'd let my family down by doing so. There are better places to eat so I would go elsewhere.