“Shockingly bad”

Ranked #38 of 55 Restaurants in St. Brelade
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Tree House offers traditional pub cuisine using local ingredients with a wood-burning pizza oven and chicken rotisserie together with home-made burgers, local fish and chips and a new gluten free menu. On the same site, La Marquanderie Inn serves a range of pub fayre and real ales in cosy surroundings.‘Home-made’ is the philosophy of The Tree House with our pizza dough and tasty sauces produced fresh every morning. The pizzas from the traditional stove are scrumptious with a crispy base and heaps of toppings.The Tree House is the ideal family venue. Tasty, healthy kids menus alongside the delicious array of adult choices, mums and dads can enjoy a relaxing dinner, safe in the knowledge that the kids are well entertained in the soft play area, The Monkey House. One of the Island's best indoor play areas within a restaurant and bar environment! If you're without little ones, The Tree House is ideal for a chilled out meal and drink or two, with a stunning woodland al fresco area and cosy interior, suitable for all.
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We went for lunch on Saturday, the place was almost empty but plenty of staff.

The wood fired oven is very welcoming and the benefits of a wood fired oven are written on the menu, quite possible the worst pizza I have ever had, the first one presented the base was so soft and doughy and far too much greasy cheese. It was sent back and another ordered and requested for a crispy base, again loaded with nasty cheese very oily and soggy base. We did not eat it but it remained on the table for half an hour and no came to check if this pizza was any better.
When I asked for the bill I was asked if I would like the take it home in a box? I told them it was awful, they did take both pizzas of the bill.

They are either using the wrong dough mixture or wrong cheese, more than likely both, someone needs to look at the basic ingredients and method of making the pizza, a rear shame a good pizza is so simple!

In addition I ordered a still water and got an apple juice, I then re ordered a still water and got a sparkling water, I then ordered a americano coffee with hot milk when it came no milk, by this time I had given up.

So, very poor pizza and lots of staff, of which none took any pride in their service.

1  Thank beaupre646
TheBoatHouseGroup, Public Relations Manager at The Tree House, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your meal with us. The staff did their utmost to try to accommodate your tastes; remaking the pizza and then taking it off the bill completely when it was still not to your tastes. The pizza receives very good reviews from our visitors, but we can appreciate that it may not be to everyone’s taste. We do apologise for the mix up with your child’s drink order, but the waiter thought the child had ordered apple juice.

There are newer reviews for The Tree House

Reviewed May 11, 2013

The staff very pleasant and the food good. Good selection of drinks. Nice areas outside to sit in sun, or shade.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I could of gone through the menu! wonderful choice served beautifully, what we ate was wonderful, thankyou.
Fabulous food at a reasonable price.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went as a family of 5 while visiting on holiday in the area and could not fault the friendliness of the staff and the quality of the service. The food was as we had hoped for and the 2 children loved it. Definitely recommended for families.

TheBoatHouseGroup, Public Relations Manager at The Tree House, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. We've made huge efforts over the last year to offer more for children and be a true family friendly venue. We really appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review. We will feed your comments back to the staff who will be really delighted.

Kindest regards,
Natasha

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My partner and I took our 4 kids for Saturday lunch to the Tree House specifically because of the conservatory.
The good..
Friendly service, good food, good portions, reasonable price, clean and comfortable. We were not rushed or pestered. Overall very pleased and would recommend.
The bad..
The waiter quickly seated us in a dark central table adjacent to other customers and the kitchen. I asked if we could sit in the conservatory to which he said they were all booked, the only 2 tables left were these. He also said we had to order quickly because all order's stopped at 2pm. After a few minutes I decided to to ask another waitress quite firmly if we could move. She checked and moved us with a smile and without issue. She also said food didn't stop at 2pm. It was not busy..there remained plenty of tables available in the conservatory throughout the meal. This is very poor service. If it happens the next time I go, I will complain, I will not order and will not return.