“Very unwelcoming”

Ranked #30 of 53 Restaurants in St. Brelade
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Tree House offers traditional pub cuisine using local ingredients with a wood-burning pizza oven and chicken rotisserie together with home-made burgers, local fish and chips and a new gluten free menu. On the same site, La Marquanderie Inn serves a range of pub fayre and real ales in cosy surroundings.‘Home-made’ is the philosophy of The Tree House with our pizza dough and tasty sauces produced fresh every morning. The pizzas from the traditional stove are scrumptious with a crispy base and heaps of toppings.The Tree House is the ideal family venue. Tasty, healthy kids menus alongside the delicious array of adult choices, mums and dads can enjoy a relaxing dinner, safe in the knowledge that the kids are well entertained in the soft play area, The Monkey House. One of the Island's best indoor play areas within a restaurant and bar environment! If you're without little ones, The Tree House is ideal for a chilled out meal and drink or two, with a stunning woodland al fresco area and cosy interior, suitable for all.
Channel Islands
“Very unwelcoming”
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I went for lunch at the Tree House with my wife and grandson a few days ago, largely because they advertised a play area for children. When we arrived we discovered that they make a charge of £1.20 to use this play area, even if you are having lunch there. We asked a man to confirm that this was the case and he said that it was, in a very off-hand manner. Although my grandson is only six he eats as much as an adult at lunch-time so they lost out on the profit of three lunches, plus a couple of drinks, all for the sake of £1.20. How short-sighted!

1 Thank HarryHamster

“WORST MEAL I HAVE EVER HAD DO NOT GO HERE I HAD DIARRHEA”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I went out on the evening of the 15th with a friend we shared a garlic bread to start, this was so greasy. I then ordered the Posk with chips and mushroom sauce, and my friend ordered the pasta, My Posk was well over done and smelt funy, My chips where soaked in grease and when i pushed my fork on them grease came out as opposed to potatoe! The sauce was like a powder mix with hot water and was awefull, I said to the young girl that i wasnt happy and left it and didnt eat anymore, then another guy came over and asked what the problem was, i explained to him, ANOTHER guy came over and said was everything ok i heard there was a problem, i explained and he said no its fine iv just tasted it theres nothing wrong with the pork, well that was funny because when i asked the guy before him if he aw it he said no as it was thrown in the bin before he got to the kitchen!! The Manager needs some serious tips on how to run that place, i observed him twice scratching his private parts and certainly not appealing at all. He was abrupt and just walked away, He doesnt deserve to be in Catering, i have never complained in my life and this was just the pitts i had to write a review, I live locally and will be telling everyone about this. The young polish guy was very good he should be the manager and maybe this placewould step up a gear, he offered a free drink or dessert which we declined as we just wanted to get out of there...... on my life i had a very upset stomach the next day.

• Visited August 2011
TheBoatHouseGroup, General Manager at The Tree House, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
I am the General Manager of The Tree House and I'm afraid I was not working on the night you dined with us but I would like to respond on behalf of the whole team.

Reading through your review I understand that you were disappointed in how the situation was handled. I have spoken to all the members of staff on duty that night. They are very disappointed with the review but all comments have been addressed. I can assure you that this is not the standard of service we advocate.

I would also like to assure you that due to our huge turn-over of ingredients all our sauces are made fresh every day by our chefs. We are very proud of this and our local produce policy.
London, United Kingdom
“Invisible Staff”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Popped in on the off chance of getting a table for lunch.
Hung around for 10 minutes, being looked straight though.
Must have been wearing my Harry potter Invisibility cloke

Jersey, United Kingdom
“Fab family-friendly Restaurant.”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I recently visited the Tree House with several family members. We hadn't made a reservation, and it was rather busy when we arrived, so we were worried that we'd be turned away. Luckily, we were fitted in with just a short wait, and the staff were very attentive in getting us drinks and menus while we waited.
There was a lovely 'family' vibe in the bar and restaurant.There were plenty of happy kids in the Monkey House play area (which is far enough away from the restaurant!) and the parents seemed happy that their kids were occupied. When the kids were seated, the food seemed to keep them quiet, too.
Our meals were all top-notch. I had one of the specialities, the Rotisserie chicken in Rosemary and Garlic, and it was excellent. My partner's Pork Involtini vanished at an alarming rate, so I can only assume she loved it. My mother-in-law ordered a steak, with rather specific cooking instructions, but it was prepared perfectly. Everyone else was very pleased, the only slight grumble was regarding the Chicken and Mushroom risotto, which was very nice on its own but possibly not quite as nice as the one supplied down in the bay at the Wayside Cafe.
I genuinely couldn't fault anything. The staff were attentive, professional and more than friendly. The food was fab and excellent value. The Tree House is a lovely place, both restaurant and bar. We had such a good time we visited the Beach House the following night, and we'll be back to the Tree House soon... probably in the next week!

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank ninebyfive
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Great experience”
Reviewed July 13, 2011

We popped into the Tree house for lunch one afternoon in May..food was great, service was excellent, Great value, definitly reccomend this restaurant

• Visited May 2011