“stunning views,excellent meal ..”
Review of Corbiere Phare

Corbiere Phare
Ranked #26 of 55 Restaurants in St. Brelade
Cuisines: European, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Also known as "Corbiere Lighthouse" or "Le Nid de Corneilles". Phone number is under Corbiere Phare Apartments in the phone book
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Our friends were soon to leave jersey and we wanted a memorable evening to complete a most enjoyable week.
We discovered Corbiere Phare on a walk and decided to return as we loved the view.
We booked and arrived to be greeted by a friendly staff and seated at the window. From here we could enjoy the stunning sunset over St. Ouens Bay and see the coast of Guernsey.The Corbiere Lighthouse looked a picture in the evening light.
The menu was varied and interesting. most of us chose the locally caught fish for our main course.I had scallops and can certainly recommend them someone else enjoyed the lamb.Fresh salad and vegetables accompanied the course.
The wine list offered a good variety . from French to Italian, Chilean Australian and South African.
As we sat and enjoyed the view and the company we all agreed that it met all that we required...a menu and wine list to suite all tastes,. friendly staff,and well presented food in a stunning setting.

1  Thank tourguide050
There are newer reviews for Corbiere Phare

Reviewed July 19, 2011

Had something to eat here a few days ago. Went up with my partner and some friends and we both had the fish and chips, the portions were really big and my food was tasty. The restaurant was so busy we nearly didn't get a seat until the waiter came over to say that we were in luck. It's go up to the bar and order yourself so the service part is really just them bringing the food to you, if that's what you want then it's fine. It's not really a fine dining although it looks like it would be in the evening more. There is a nice view of the lighthouse from the carpark. I'd class this as a friends and family outing kind of place to eat. Nothing fancy but decent food.

Reviewed July 17, 2011

We spent a week on Jersey and ate at a different restuarant each night, this was definitely the best food we had. We had not booked but still had a great table by the window with the view of the sunset. The food was well cooked, a good range and choice and the staff efficient. The price was also reasonable compared to ther restaurants we tried.

Reviewed July 16, 2011

I have been in this restaurant several times I went there on Thur 14 July arrived at 20:50 and the waitress said she thought the kitchen was already closed I asked what time the kitchen usually closed and she said 21:00 I showed her my watch it was 20:50 in response she showed me her watch it was 20:55 I said "well it's not 9 o'clock yet" to which she answered "on the Chef's watch it's 9 o'clock" and turned her back on me and completely ignored me. I felt really bad after driving all the way from town to give this restaurant my business and be treated in this way. I can understand when you have a not so busy night that the chef might want to close the kitchen earlier but it was the rude manner in which this waitress spoke to me that made me write this review. She could have explained it in a more "diplomatic" nicer way, I would have been disapointed but not upset!!
WILL BE A LONG TIME BEFORE THEY SEE ME AGAIN!!

5  Thank ejesus65
Reviewed July 2, 2011

We went to Corbiere Phare on the last night of our stay in Jersey. When we got off the bus and saw the view all we could say was 'Wow'. The restaurant is on a high point overlooking the Corbiere lighthouse, and on a warm sunny evening there could not be a better location.
We found the staff very friendly and helpful, and the food was very good indeed. We both ordered whole fish, listed on the menu as 'at market prices'. Usually that means 'very expensive', but in fact it was quite reasonable, and tasted as though it had just come out of the sea.
When we left, and were waiting for the bus at the stop across the road, one of the staff kindly stopped and gave us a lift back to our hotel. It doesn't get much more friendly than that !