“Great food and location”
Review of Corbiere Phare

Corbiere Phare
Ranked #26 of 55 Restaurants in St. Brelade
Cuisines: European, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Also known as "Corbiere Lighthouse" or "Le Nid de Corneilles". Phone number is under Corbiere Phare Apartments in the phone book
cheshire
“Great food and location”
Reviewed July 17, 2011

We spent a week on Jersey and ate at a different restuarant each night, this was definitely the best food we had. We had not booked but still had a great table by the window with the view of the sunset. The food was well cooked, a good range and choice and the staff efficient. The price was also reasonable compared to ther restaurants we tried.

• Visited July 2011

Florianópolis
“Arrogant staff”
Reviewed July 16, 2011

I have been in this restaurant several times I went there on Thur 14 July arrived at 20:50 and the waitress said she thought the kitchen was already closed I asked what time the kitchen usually closed and she said 21:00 I showed her my watch it was 20:50 in response she showed me her watch it was 20:55 I said "well it's not 9 o'clock yet" to which she answered "on the Chef's watch it's 9 o'clock" and turned her back on me and completely ignored me. I felt really bad after driving all the way from town to give this restaurant my business and be treated in this way. I can understand when you have a not so busy night that the chef might want to close the kitchen earlier but it was the rude manner in which this waitress spoke to me that made me write this review. She could have explained it in a more "diplomatic" nicer way, I would have been disapointed but not upset!!
WILL BE A LONG TIME BEFORE THEY SEE ME AGAIN!!

Visited July 2011
5 Thank ejesus65
London, United Kingdom
“Great food, amazing views”
Reviewed July 2, 2011

We went to Corbiere Phare on the last night of our stay in Jersey. When we got off the bus and saw the view all we could say was 'Wow'. The restaurant is on a high point overlooking the Corbiere lighthouse, and on a warm sunny evening there could not be a better location.
We found the staff very friendly and helpful, and the food was very good indeed. We both ordered whole fish, listed on the menu as 'at market prices'. Usually that means 'very expensive', but in fact it was quite reasonable, and tasted as though it had just come out of the sea.
When we left, and were waiting for the bus at the stop across the road, one of the staff kindly stopped and gave us a lift back to our hotel. It doesn't get much more friendly than that !

• Visited June 2011
Jersey, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and service”
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Very disappointing to read one of the most negative early reviews from a disgruntled customer who clearly caught the boss on a bad day! We live in the area, know him well and take our friends, family and business clients there regularly and have nothing but praise for some great staff, food and service. The boss is a geordie character - hard working and has build up his two businesses through dedication and commitment of working long hours (read the reviews for Big Verns!). Fortunately the negative review has done little harm as far as we can see as they are always busy. They make us welcome with our elderly parents and children alike. We also had one of the most fantastic parties on New Year's Eve and will be booking again - Paul and Roy are great hosts. Altogether a great venue - customers should use their own judgement instead of taking note of unnecessary damning comments.

• Visited June 2011
Jersey, United Kingdom
“I LOVE THIS PLACE”
Reviewed February 21, 2011

The food is delicious, the staff are excellent and the view is amazing. I love going here. You must visit it.

• Visited July 2010