“Beautiful sunset”
Review of The Beach House - CLOSED

The Beach House
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Our son was married in Jersey and we hosted the rehearsal dinner at The Beach House. The happy couple, along with our future in-laws, made all the arrangements for us so all we had to do was show up, savor the food and drink, enjoy our guests, bask in the sunset, and pay the bill at the end of the evening. First of all, the setting is spectacular. Right above the lovely beach. We had a BBQ set up out on the deck which was served buffet-style. The food was great and the staff was friendly and attentive. I think everyone had a fun evening - I know we did. Some guests had planned on going for a swim after the party but as the tempertures dipped they all changed their minds. We highly recommend The Beach House for a similar occasion and we want to go back for lunch or dinner on our next visit to Jersey.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

My sister booked this as I had left her to select a restaurant to take extended family & friends to for an evening meal before some departed back to the UK after a visit. When she said she had booked this establishment I was wary as I have never heard good things about the restaurant service (& local word of mouth is pretty reliable) and I have some colleagues at work who had their wedding reception here and they reported shocking feedback. Unfortunately we were such a big group I couldn't rebook anywhere else at such short notice so reluctantly went. A leopard doesn't change its spots and true to reputation the food was lovely but service was terrible. Our table wasn't even ready when we arrived, we waited ages to order. After another 45 minutes from ordering our starters still hadn't come so we had to ask, they eventually appeared after 1 hour 5 minutes. There then followed another long wait for the main course and it was after 9.30 pm when we ate, not good when seated at 7.30 and 3 small children in the group. They then didn't clear our plates and eventually my husband had to go inside and ask TWICE for them to clear our table and bring desert menus. We had to flag someone down to order said deserts by which time children were asleep on various daddy's knees. We had to go inside and ask for the bill twice, when my husband politely told the waitress we were unimpressed with the service she was actually sarcastic. We both are professionals and were shocked at the attitude. Lets say we will never go back, you can excuse poor service, food etc, everyone has off days but a bad attitude ... not good.

3  Thank Bella00Emma
Reviewed September 2, 2013

21 of us arrived for a meal,without a booking, manager sorted out drinks and food orders while we sat in nice outside area, then he prepared tables altogether for 21 people.Food was excellent service quick and officient and very nice attitiude from staff. very impressed

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed this meal, it was hot and very tasteful. There wasn't much to choose from if you don't like fish. Their platters are good value. I would go back here when I visit jersey again, as the views over the beach and seeing brelades bay in the distance is perfect.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We came to this venue for a family wedding. The location is absolutley stunning with a very large decked seating area over looking the beach. The food that was cooked on the premises was outstanding. The staff was really helpful, friendly and attentive which helped the day go great. The bar even though on the small side had a wide variety of drinks and even though busy you wasnt kept waiting long for service. Highly recommended for private functions.