“Excellent”
Review of The Beach House - CLOSED

The Beach House
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Had a 50th Party for over 50 people a good night had by all. Great service Food was excellent .Scenery just fantastic

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I like the tapas style option on the menu, it fit very well with a sunset and a glass of wine on the open terrace area.
Service was attentive.
Disliked the still/sparkling water pricing as you don't get a bottle, just a glass of your choice.
Very clean and modern.

Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

An over-view:
On a Sunday lunchtime:
In short the food was well cooked, the staff care is a little relaxed, If it's persona is a chilled Beach environment then it's slightly over-priced and perhaps pretentious.

The food:
My starter: Grilled Mackerel & Potato salad on Ciabatta slice; was well cooked, fresh & simple. It also arrived with a mixed bread basket and butter/olive oil+Balsamic vinigar dip, nice and FOC.

Main course: Breast of Corn fed Chicken with Saffron Risotto and dressing; Again well cooked.
I felt that both courses were lacking an ingredient or component part, they were very nicely presented but portions are of a small (simple) size; you won't go away from.here feeling bloated!

I did not have time to enjoy wine by the bottle and had a refreshing pint of Stowford Cider, Nice.
I can advise that beer options are limited, many good beers are available up the road at The Smugglers 500 meters away (suitable for pre-meal drinks?).

The staff noticed that I was taking an intricate interest in my meal and the menu, and a manager made considerable effort to make sure I was personally happy with my visit; reasonable effort in my opinion!

I have an interest in environments and ambient feel, I do wonder if on a warm Sunday or afternoon/some evenings if this establishment would benefit from some simple live music (perhaps folky/alternative musicians (Solo/Duo acts)) that might contribute to the relaxed beach vibe?
I would return but should be considered a bit of a treat due to price.

1  Thank Shandyshore
Reviewed September 5, 2012

perfect for a wedding, right on the beach, excellent service, food fab,staff really friendly. lots of outside space so you can sit and eat and relax while watching the sun set!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Fantastic view and the food looked good.
However, we were ignored for 20 mins whilst sat outside, not even offered a drink.
A waitress did come up with another food order, but I think it was for the adjacent table who had left after waiting too long.
Could see another waitress chatting with her friends inside.
Therefore, we left and went elsewhere.