“Wow wow wow ”

Ranked #17 of 55 Restaurants in St. Brelade
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This exceptional Michelin-starred fine dining restaurant showcases modern British cooking in a classic setting with the emphasis on fresh Jersey produce.Executive Head Chef Mark Jordan has created a sophisticated selection of menus, including a seasonal a la carte, daily changing set menus and specially selected vegetarian dishes. An extensive wine list complements Mark’s food.Ocean’s design is influenced by its coastal setting. Blues, whites and beiges create a modern classic look, while delightful hand-crafted furniture and specially commissioned artwork emphasise the feeling of luxury. White American shutters frame stunning views over the gardens to the ocean beyond.
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

I wish I could give this place more than 5/5, it was that good!
My boyfriend has just moved to Jersey and we had some family visiting so decided as a treat to book into the ocean restaurant. Our table reservation was at 8pm on Saturday evening. We arrived a little early at about 7.30. Out coats were taken and the host asked if we would like to sit right down or have some drinks in the lounge first, we explained that we were a little early and said we would have some drinks. We opted for some champagne to start and the menus were brought over for us to peruse whilst having our drinks. There were three different menus to choose, the menu of the day (which I think changes daily), the a la carte or the tasting menu. We opted for the a la carte menu. The wine list was also very extensive, with notes from the sommelier on the different wines on offer. We ordered a bottle of the South African Sauvignon Blanc and a bottle of red (not sure what it was as I don't drink it).
After about 10 minutes a waiter came over and asked if we were ready to order our food, I opted for the goats cheese Bon bons and the assiette of beef for the main. After we had ordered we were shown to our table. The dining room was lovely, very elegant, round tables, crisp white table cloths, silver tablewear and the tables were spaced out so you didn't feel on top of the table next to you. When we sat down we were offered bread, a choice between white brown and white with goats cheese, sun dried tomato and olive, I went for the latter which was lovely. We were then given an amuse bouche, which was a tomato gazpacho with jersey crab. It was full of flavour and an absolutely lovely start to the meal. Our starters then came, my goats cheese Bon bons with beetroot purée, pickled beetroot, Parmesan tuile was absolutely divine. After the starters we were offered more bread, I had a piece of brown bread this time, which again was great. After a few minutes our mains came, the assiette of beef consisted of beef fillet, braised sirloin, beef tongue, oxtail, a beef consommé and a dauphinois cappuccino (which
was a little very soft mashed potato done in dauphinois flavours with truffle and a foam), this came with a lobster claw and a lobster ravioli. Just wow, the beef was cooked to perfection, the consommé was packed with flavour, the lobster was perfect and the potato is probably one of the nicest things I have ever eaten. I even enjoyed the beef tongue which I didn't expect!
After the two course I was pretty full, but really wanted a dessert.
We were given another complimentary dish which was an orange granite with a passion fruit foam, which again was just lovely.
When looking at the desserts I just couldn't choose, the lemon meringue and also the glazed banana jumped out, but I decided to go for the pistachio. It consisted of pistachio and olive oil cake with chocolate mousse, raspberry sorbet, lime and rum jelly and a tuile. Again it was just delightful.
The whole evening was amazing, the service was very attentive without being over bearing, even down to the wine glasses always being maintained at the same level...
It was a rather expensive evening, but for a special treat definitely worth it in my opinion! I hope to be able to go back at some point!

2  Thank ew287

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Stunning location, delicious food, professional but friendly staff...what more could you want! Have been asked by Tripadvisor to say more but what more can I say? Wonderful!

2  Thank Jay047
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Came here for Sunday lunch. Fabulous hotel, beautiful food, excellent service, reasonably priced. Would return without a doubt.

2  Thank Kikiakabussi
Reviewed May 5, 2014

This is a small Hotel in a superb location that makes absolutely the most of a superb chef and team, a great front of house and sommelier. The rooms are small, but comfortable and fresh. It has become a real favorite.

2  Thank Gerald S
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Celebrated our wedding anniversary (38 years!) here and had a great experience & a wonderful meal. Booked a window table for 7pm so had great views of the sunset. Staff were very pleasant and got the right balance of looking after us;special mention to the Sommelier who helped us pick a good bottle of wine which suited all our dishes. Food was delicious & although only small portions was very tasty &filled us up. Had pre & after dinner drinks in the very smart lounge area. Went dressed in tie but soon removed as smart casual was the norm. Have eaten in many good restaurants, both in UK & worldwide, but this was our first in a Michelin starred one & although quite pricey was well worth the money for a fabulous overall experience. We would highly recommend.

1  Thank Tony D