“A loverly meal with excellent service - best in St Aubins”
Review of Bracewell's

Bracewell's
Ranked #10 of 25 Restaurants in St. Aubin
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2012

This is a charming little restaurant and accommodated our family needs. I contacted Mary from Bracewell's before we left for our holidays as our son likes plain food and Mary advised as everything made from fresh it would be easy to accommodate.
When we ate there I had sushi, my husband had a mixed seafood main with sweet chilli sauce, our son had a meal of prawns, peas and pasta made especially for him. The food was exceptional and very tasty - the ambiance was lovely, even though the restaurant is small the staff are friendly but not over you all the time. For dessert my husband had Jersey Black Butter icecream - which was delicious and my son had a chocolate cake with chocolate sauce and strawberry which he loved. We enjoyed our meal so much and the atmosphere was so nice we cancelled our meal for the Friday night (my birthday) at another restaurant and booked here again - we were not disappointed - I had crab and salmon fresh ravioli which was really tasty - this is a great little place - give it a try (Thank you Mary, Caroline and rest of the team)

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Fun yet intimate with great eclectic mix of dishes - something for everyone. Sushi homemade and fantastic - huge main course portion so everyone in our party shared some of mine and thought it first class, lovely pasta, risotto, fish and meat dishes. Staff very friendly and patient as our party of six took some time in deciding what to eat and drink .. but the staff remained relaxed. Small and larger portions of most dishes which is great for those of us with different appetites. Interesting deserts. Go there and relax - you won't regret it unless you are looking for high end fine dining. This is a place for people who like good food without a stuffy or overbearing atmosphere. Wine here reasonably priced. Small restaurant so best to book though we did get in at short notice mid week.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We had seen good reviews of their sushi. We had an Intimate dining experience, great service & yummy sushi.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

On our recent holiday in jersey we were recommended this resteraunt by our landlady .Booking was recommended which we fortunately did because the resteraunt was fully booked afterwards. We browsed the extensive menu chopping and changing what to order,eventually we came to the same decision and ordered the ribs in a .sweet chille and jack daniels sauce. what a mouth watering meal this was and my wife and i both agreed this sauce was something special and the meat just fell off the bones.Looking around at other guests in the resteraunt we recognised our landlady (MAZ) and four other guests from our guest house. In the morning afterwards we discussed our various meals and came to the decision this a resteraunt not to be missed .The staff were most obliging and pleasant making this a place to recommend so don't miss out and book now. Bob and Jill Aberdare (golden wedding)

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Lovely, interesting small restaurant with a very varied menu. The owner is delightful and service was excellent. We started off with a free amuse bouche of home made focaccia bread which was very tasty. My partner had ribs and creme brulee, and I had home made ravioli and rich chocolate cake. All the food was home made and we both thought it was very good indeed. I particularly liked the fact that some of the dishes on the menu were available as either a starter or as a small main course.

I agree with a previous review that the presentation of the food is somewhat lacking and that some form of garnish would make it more appealing to the eye. Also the plate for the ribs and the bowl used for the pasta were on the small side so everything looked a bit squashed. The wine choice is also a bit limited and the price of some of the desserts (over £6) seemed a bit expensive. Again the desserts suffered a bit in presentation in comparison to the price charged.

All in all though we would definitely have gone back there to eat again if we had not run out of nights.

1  Thank ginny0150