“Fantastic hotel, staff, views, value”

and 1 more site!
The Old Court House Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 St. Aubin B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 22, 2011

Only booked this hotel as others i tried fully booked, how glad i am they where. From speaking to nicola whom i booked the room with to kirsty who checked me out I have never been so welcomed in a hotel. I brought my 13 year old son to st aubins for a weekend to visit friends, we stayed in room 9 the penthouse suite. The room has two bedrooms, good size lounge, bathroom and private roof terrace/garden and is adequate for four people, tastefully decorated and plenty of space. I have stayed in a couple of the larger hotels before but would not again. Both nicola and kirsty where available to help us at all times, they provided me with the parking tickets, and gave local advise when needed. The hotel is at the end of st aubins bay has a great bar and several restuarants. My only complaint is it is fully booked when i want to return.......... I shall be back soon. Thanks for a lovely weekend. Karen and Sam

Room Tip: Room 9 biggest in the hotel
  • Stayed: May 2011

Reviewed April 4, 2011

We stayed here during a trip to Guernsey, Jersey and France and my family actually toasted my trip-planning at dinner when I found the Old Court House Inn. It is full of character, so much so that the BBC filmed a television series in the hotel. It has incredible history that you can read about during your stay.
The service is super-friendly even by Channel Island standards and that's saying something. Krista made sure we were all taken care of even down to supplying us the book of tickets used for parking on Jersey. If you are needing more than one room, be sure to stay in the two-bedroom apartment suite. We loved it. It has a lovely living room with a view in addition to the two bedrooms and 1 bath. It also has a private balcony that you will love in nice weather. We spent a lot more money on hotels during our trip, but did not enjoy anywhere more than the Old Court House Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for the two-bedroom apartment suite
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2010

Set on the beautiful Old harbour of St Aubins, the Old Courthouse is steeped in history and offers fantastic views.
I have never encountered such WONDERFUL service on my worldwide travels - the staff are great!
Pop in for the fixed price Sunday lunch - at 16.95 for three splendid courses, it's great value for money!
I have watched the local fishermen bring their days catch into the restaurant in the morning before lunch and dinner service - it doesn't get any fresher than that!

1  Thank lotuselanjohn
Reviewed September 3, 2009

Our friend have stayed at the Old Court House Inn several times and they like it very much.The cost of staying at this Inn is £65 per night b/breakfast in August so you would expect high standard of service and food. I have read the reviews for the evening dinning and they seem to give this establishment top marks, and I know the reason why,there is a lady in charge and she is very good. You never see her at breakfast so it is very different,the waitress does several jobs cleaning etc and takes ages to come to see you ,same for the chef he is outside watering and cleaning, I don't know about health and safety in Jersey, perhaps that's the way they do things. We were in room seven nice room overlooking the harbour, the building is very old and if windy expect the windows to rattle all night,also the boat men in the harbour start work before 8am and one guy started using his sander on the side of the boat, also the shower is pathetic apart form that we enjoyed our stay. it is possible to find accomodation for half the price for bed and breakfast on the front by the harbour The main reason our friend like this inn is because you can have a late night drink at a price before going to bed.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank barrybott
Reviewed September 23, 2008

Visited here only for dinner with my wife.
Starters: Scallops; Tomato & mozzerella
Mains: Scallops; Rack of Lamb
Deserts: Creme Brulee,
Everything was excellent the food, staff and general ambiance

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Priorstraveller
Reviewed July 2, 2008

I visited this restaurant as a female alone after recommendation from a local resident.

Appreciative of the fact I was a lone diner, I went early at 7.00 pm, was shown to the bar area, several couples arrived and by 7.10 I had ordered my meal. At 7.15 I was escorted to the rear of a beautiful restaurant with a large galley window, not another diner at any of the 30 or so tables. By 7.30 I had been served and finished my meal and went into the bar area, furious at my treatment to pay the bill. The staff were sniggering as I took the manageress to task.

The other diners who had ordered at the same time as me were still sat in the bar.

The food was ok, but would have been more enjoyable on a bench on the harbour.

I have dined around the world but this was the worst treatment I had ever received.

7  Thank 333judi
Reviewed July 2, 2008

A beautiful 15th century court house directly overlooking the harbour. Lots of character and fabulous food.
We were in a party of 6 and booked the suite (sleeps 4) and 2 single rooms which although ensuite, were small.
The suite was spacious with a twin and double room and full size living room. Also had good sized private sun terrace - lovely.
Although the rooms had obviously been fairly recently decorated, parts were still a little shabby and would benefit from further updating.
Downside - noise. Hotel rooms very warm and noise from outside bar and terrace disruptive sometimes late at night.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1 mi away
Windmills Hotel
Windmills Hotel
#5 of 16 in St. Brelade

Been to The Old Court House Inn? Share your experiences!