Stay: August 8 2008.
Have just returned from a very short ( 3 nights!) break at the Somerville Hotel in St Aubins. Jersey is a real favourite of ours and we have stayed at several hotels on the island of all different grades and standards. This one is excellent. Booked at the very last moment, the front of house staff were very friendly,efficient and courteous and our room was ready and waiting on our arrival at lunchtime. This same friendliness, without being intrusive, carried on throughout our stay especially with the restaurant staff who could not do enough for us.Lovely people!Incidentally, great breakfast ,with loads of choice, included in the room rate.
It's not a cheap hotel but , as they say, you get what you pay for. The room was excellent with a side view of St.Aubins harbour ,which is always a beautiful sight whatever the weather, but we were so fortunate to enjoy three fantastically sunny days. This is where the Somerville comes into it's own as the grounds and the heated outdoor pool are just lovely. So much so that my husband and myself decided to spend the whole of sunday at the hotel in the gardens. Admittedly we have been to most of Jerseys attractions at one time or another and didn't really need to spend time travelling around the island again but with such beautiful surroundings it would have been a shame not to take advantage of the sun. St. Aubins is, without doubt, my most favourite location on Jersey and the Somerville has what is,probably, one of the finest positions.
Sorry to go on a bit, but must mention Tides Restaurant which is at the Somerville. Wherever you stay, do treat yourself to a night at Tides. The food is supreme and given there are so many excellent eating establishments in St Aubins and Jersey as a whole, that is some accolade!!
One tiny grouch!! Our King size bed was very comfortable but....the pillows must have been stuffed with broken bricks. Some new ones please!!!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling on the hillside, overlooking the yachting harbour the village of St. Aubin and the bay beyond, the views from the Somerville hotel are breathtaking. The hotel is one of the Island's finest country house hotels and is well know for its warm welcome and excellent reputation with guests appreciating its discreet location and emphasis is on indulgence and style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotel.de, Agoda, LateRooms, Orbitz, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Somerville Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Somerville Hotel St Aubin
- Somerville Hotel Jersey/St. Aubin
- Hotel Jersey Somerville
- Somerville St Aubin