Myself and partner (mid 40s) have just returned from a 4 night break at the Somerville. I booked through Condor Ferries who offer discounted Channel Island breaks at various hotels on the Island. I spent a lot of time deliberating over this hotel and the Pomme d'Or in St Helier. Curiosity got the better of us and on a visit to St Helier we found the Pomme d'Or and had refreshment in their cafe/bar. The Pomme overlooks Liberation Square which is basically a very busy roundabout with distant views of the port. We felt immense relief and satisfaction on returning to The Somerville. From the moment of our arrival we felt very welcome and relaxed. The porter, reception and waiting staff were all extremely accommodating without being intrusive and seemed genuinely to enjoy their work. We were pleasantly surprised to have a sea view room as I had only paid for an inland facing room. The room was extremely comfortable and spotlessly clean. The bathrobes were a nice extra touch and the king size bed was just heavenly. We were lucky to have a window table at breakfast with spectacular views across the harbour and bay of St Aubins. Breakfast is substantial and cooked to order and of a very high standard. The bar do not charge inflated prices for drinks which was an added bonus as I have not found this to be the case in hotels of a similar standard in the UK. We had an evening meal at The Salty Dog, the Boathouse, Bon Viveur and the quaint inn at the bottom of the hill, all of which were of a very high standard. I couldn't fault the Somerville in any way and would highly recommend it. The island of Jersey itself is a real retreat and escapism from the daily grind of English life! Reality has come with a bump!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling on the hillside, overlooking the yachting harbour the village of St. Aubin and the bay beyond, the views from the Somerville hotel are breathtaking. The hotel is one of the Island's finest country house hotels and is well know for its warm welcome and excellent reputation with guests appreciating its discreet location and emphasis is on indulgence and style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Somerville Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Somerville Hotel St Aubin
- Somerville Hotel Jersey/St. Aubin
- Hotel Jersey Somerville
- Somerville St Aubin