Commodore Hotel Linden
$89
$76
QualityInn
$52
Days Inn Hurricane Mills(Hurricane Mills)
$71
$139
Days Inn Holladay(Holladay)(Great Value!)
$65
$57
Hurricane Inn(Waynesboro)
$75
All reviewscomfortable bedkathytnspeakeasyrenovationlodgingfurnishings
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 4, 2012

If you ride a motorcycle, I recommend you stay at the Commodore Hotel and visit the Linden area. US 13 south of Linden is a good road and very winding, but unlike the “Dragon’s Tail”, there is little traffic or crazies coming at you in the wrong lane. Local residents are friendly and helpful, and the scenery is beautiful. I suspect it’s really beautiful when the trees change colors. Being a photographer myself, I'm sure other photographers could go hog wild on an early morning in the fall shooting the red barns and wooded hills at local farms. I can also see some great photo ops shooting your biking buddies as they round the sharp curves on US 13.

If you want a change from the cookie cutter repetitiveness of the chain motels, stay at the Commodore while you explore the area. It’s clean, has comfortable beds, has a restaurant and while not fancy, it’s the kind of place where you could go down to the lobby in your sock feet and still feel comfortable. The best breakfast of the whole trip was at the Commodore. You won’t find a violinist serenading you as you eat, but you will find generous helpings of good, down home cooking. And Desiree really knows how to mix up a good glass of chocolate milk for those bikers with the heart of a warrior. After a Commodore breakfast, you can ride all day and not have to stop for lunch. Next time I’m in the area, I know where I’ll be staying.

John
Missouri

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank bikinkawboy
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We were travelling through to visit family and decided to stay here. It is a nice hotel. It has recently been remodeled. Our room was nice and clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. The cafe attached has a really good breakfast. Nice hotel in a nice little town.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Christine D
Reviewed June 14, 2012

This is a wonderful place with a great staff. I had the pleasure of staying here with my family while on a business trip and enjoyed it very much. While there are very limited choices in this area to stay I was quite suprised by this place. The customer service was great. The rooms remind me of a Bed and Breakfast. I stayed 2 days on seperate occasions and experienced 2 different rooms and they were both very nice. We did have a pretty severe storm on our first day and the staff made sure we were safe and showed us where the basement was incase they were needed. If I am ever back in this area I will not hesitate to stay at this place again. It also has an attached restaraunt and the food was nice as well, but if you would like to get something else there is a grocery store across the street and another restaraunt within walking distance.

Room Tip: Both King and Queen Suites are very nice.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I was at the Commodore Hotel restaurant the other night and was surprised by the talent I heard . There was a young singer/songwriter by the name of Austin Adams playing. I think he said he was from Nashville. What a voice, this guy is going to be a star!

His playing and songs were great! I hope he's there the next time I visit the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 14, 2012

My friend and I needed a room for one night for the Capture & Burning of the Courthouse Civil War Re-enactment in Linden 2012. The proprietors were incredibly kind and made all the arrangements. When we arrived on the Friday evening, she was at the desk and before I could even get across the beautiful lobby she knew who I was and greeted us as though we were old friends. The accommodations were very nice, clean and decorated very lovely...not to mention the establishment was quite. They provide their own homemade soaps - which were wonderful. Their cafe is an award winning establishment and was offering live, local music on Friday night. My friend and I stay in a lot of places when we go to re-enactments and this was one of the very best places we have ever stayed. My husband and I are planning to return for a romantic getaway. It is definitely a great place - you won't regret checking it out.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends