“Another great visit”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Grouville
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Another great visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

Just home from our 4th (or 5th?) stay at this great little hotel. We're local but live on the opposite side of the island so it's always nice to walk the quiet country lanes, coastal paths & beaches near the hotel, before dinner & then again the next day after breakfast. Delicious food, reasonable wine & drink prices, Laura & the kitchen/dining room staff are always friendly & attentive, we always enjoy Chivu's company at the bar & Anna's smiley face & professional manner at the desk. Till next time, thank you all, we'll be back!

Room Tip: 1st floor at the back are quieter
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Bergen, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

If you are looking for 5 star accomodation and gourmet micro portions then this hotel is not for you. However if it's a friendly, charming and welcoming experience this scores top. Rooms are being refurbished and have a varying standard, but all are roomsly and clean. The staff are helpful and the food is well portioned. (Read the breakfast menu - you can also order things that aren't set out!).
Have holidayed here before in the Summer when the pool came into it's own. Was in use this May too, but not by us.
Thanks to Anna and her staff for an excellent stay and you are forgiven for keeping the Secret of the fly-ins!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank ts1rusty
Shepperton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 5 days and really wish I could write a 5-star review, but sadly it falls short.

I'll start with the positives: The two receptionists were lovely and always helpful and polite; I found the bed and pillows very comfortable and the room seemed clean. Tea and coffee was also provided and replenished each day.

Onto the negatives:

When I settled into my room, the television was not working and I really just wanted a cup of tea and a bit of tv. I had a nap and went for a walk and it still wasn't fixed a couple of hours later. Finally the barman found a different tv, although this also gave up working this morning.

The shower was awful - I was told it had been fixed after I'd complained, but it was no better. It was probably the worst shower I'd ever had in an accommodation - including in Uganda when a man poured water through the roof!

Additionally, breakfast was incredibly disappointing. Everything appeared to be cheap foods - the bread for toast was wafer thin, the sausages were very cheap tasting and nothing tasted as good as it looked. Even the 'fresh' croissants were greasy and seemed made from sausage roll pastry. Every day I ate less and less until today I just had tea and cereal.

Also, parking was minimal so beware that you may not get a space and there wasn't anywhere else nearby to park.

Finally, the sink in the bathroom was so huge that there was little room to actually sit on the toilet - as someone with long legs, it was almost in my lap and I had to sit at an angle :)

The negatives, despite there being a few, probably wouldn't 100% stop me staying here again, as it was quite a cheap place to stay, but I'd try hard to find an alternative.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Perth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

Stayed four nights at the Beachcombers Hotel on Jersey and could not have asked for better service from Anna, Maria, Kevu and all the staff. They were all very friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them The food for breakfast and evening meal was excellent. My husband is Coeliac (gluten free) and the care of his diet from the chef and restaurant staff was brilliant. The bedroom was bright and airy, and the bed was really comfortable The bathroom and towels were spotlessly clean.
We would stay the Beachcombers Hotel again and have no hesitation in recommending it

Room Tip: Room overlooking pool
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Brenda M
Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed here at the weekend on a Quids In deal - once again - it was lovely - the food was excellent, the room was very spacious and clean - pity about the weather was so looking forward to lying by the pool - but overall it was very good

1 Thank tayloryellow
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

My partner and I stayed here for 4 nights, on first impressions the room appeared clean and tidy. However... they never changed the bed sheets like they were supposed to, they simply turned the covers over so it appeared clean, despite the obvious tea stains. They gave us towels with marks over it, which was disgusting! The windows had mould marks around it, and the catch was broken so we couldn't open it. The shower barely worked.. it cut out 3 times whilst using it. We were placed next to a boiler so it was hard to sleep at night, it was so loud!
Most importantly the only reason we decided to stay there in the first place was because of the heated out side pool. On arrival we asked the receptionist if we could use it, she said no because it wasn't clean and explained it would be ready in a few days time. This was a lie, the receptionist kept saying it would be ready the next day and it never was...
There was a poor amount of parking and is situated in the middle of nowhere, only stay here if you have a very small budget and have a car/hire car!
Overall I would say I am very disappointed with this hotel, I would never, ever stay here again!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Beachcombersboutique, Manager at Beachcombers Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. I appreciate the time taken to provide us your feedback because only through our guests can we address areas of concern and continuously improve services.

I would like to extend my sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations during your visit. I was extremely disappointed to hear that your stay did not meet with your satisfactions and offer my sincere apologies.

Please be assured your experience has been discussed with the Plumber so that correct action has been taken to prevent such future scenarios. Regarding bedding is not our policy to change bedding everyday unless the guest request to do so and we are always happy to do it.

With regard to your complaints about the dirty towels, bedding or mould marks, we had no knowledge of these concerns at the time, had this been brought to our attention at any time we would have addressed these issues immediately.

Regarding the swimming pool, at the beginning of every season the appropriate maintenance has to be carried out for the safety and welfare of our guests. As we explained the pool was due to open in a few days by which time your stay with us had ended.

Our Hotel is situated 10 minutes from Jersey's main town of St. Helier and is walking distance to Gorey Pier and our beautiful coastline. There are three bus routes running from St. Helier to Gorey Pier, one of which stops opposite the hotel. We have found our car park to be adequate for the size of our hotel.

We look forward to having you back in the hotel and please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Kind Regards

Anna Bierowka
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grouville
The Inn Boutique
Merton Hotel
Merton Hotel
#2 of 5 in St.Saviour
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,533 reviews

Been to Beachcombers Hotel? Share your experiences!