“Impressed”
Review of Knock House Hotel

Knock House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Knock
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Arrived by bus from Galway with only a short walk to the hotel and shrine. (Arrangements can also be made for pick up) Stayed two nights to visit the Shrine and was very pleased. Both breakfast and dinner was better than I expected. The shuttle back to the bus station before 7 am was arranged without any problems. If you are looking for a quiet, clean and relaxing hotel to visit the shrine this is it! Stayed for two nights to visit the Shrine.

Room Tip: This hotel would be great for those looking for something that is very handicap assessable
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Mtnmom5
Brianc999, Manager at Knock House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

It was really great to hear that your recent stay with us was so comfortable & enjoyable.Thank you for noting the points of satisfaction,as it is always very encouraging for us all to hear from our satisfied guests.Spread the word ! & thanks again.

There are newer reviews for Knock House Hotel

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed here just over a week ago, and I was impressed. It has to be one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in, and If I didn't know it was 3 star, I would swear its above that. The service is wonderful.
I also liked the little bar that was for residents only. It was nice and quiet and comfortable. I needed a quiet break, somewhere near Knock shrine where I was spending the weekend and this hotel ticked all the boxes. Its just wonderful. I cannot say any more about it. Its location is perfect. I will be returning next year. I may even stay for 3 nights instead of two which I did this year.

Room Tip: 7.30 a,m until 9 is possibly the best time to arrive for breakfast. It gets busy after that as it fi...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank ASle_12
Brianc999, General Manager at Knock House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

WOW! Thank you for the extra Stars...its always great to have feedback on our Hotel, as we have always tried to exceed our Guests expectations whenever we can.Delighted to hear that we exceeded all your expectations & looking forward to your return in the near future.Thank You.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Recently stayed in Knock House Hotel for one night.
The staff are friendly and helpful, breakfast was very good.
The room was bright and spacious, clean and comfortable.
I would recommend this Hotel for visitors to Knock Shrine as
it is only a few minutes walk to the Basilica.

Room Tip: Room 126 is quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Brianc999, Manager at Knock House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

I was very pleased to hear that your stay with us was so enjoyable & that our close proximity to the Shrine enhanced your visit.Thanks again.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed 2 nights June 8-10 2012 I was on a trip with a group. The hotel had a cozy warm feeling about it. The room was bright and spacious. Everything was very clean.Service was wonderful. there was a hot pot in the room with instant coffee, & various teas. Beautiful location. Meals in the restaurant were very nice.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank meken5
Brianc999, Manager at Knock House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know that your stay with us was most enjoyable,and that our facilities were to your satisfaction.Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is ideal for people visiting Knock or on a pilgrimage... We stayed here a few years ago before this and again this weekend... Bar food is served until late evening in lounge, lots of choise.. Restraunt is open also and lots of people went in and out when we were there... Music on the Saturday night began at 10, lovely man and played good music!! Breakfast was only Downside.... We ordered at 9:40 and didn't get food till 10:10... My poached egg or mushrooms were not cooked when arrived... Pitty... Distance is ideal as just through carpark, cross road and in grounds of basilica... Plenty of masses on all day with visiting groups and set mass times... Mass for sick is on Sundays at 2:30! Tea and coffee sold all day in hotel lounge with scones, biscuits or sandwiches and snacks... Staff very friendly and helpful as I watched younger girls being polite and helpful to older guests... Manager was seen and had a friendly word to guests he met... Wouldn't be in any doubt to recommend to people visiting Knock and we will return!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank TipperaryGirl82
Brianc999, Manager at Knock House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

Thank you "TipperaryGirl"! for your many observations & comments following your recent visit to Knock House Hotel.I was delighted to hear that your return visit to Knock was so enjoyable,however,please accept my apologies for the shortcomings you experienced during Breakfast,which was due to the late Sunday morning rush, as is usual in this Hotel.Your comments on the food quality have been noted,apologies once again.
I was delighted that our Food facilities were highlighted as we try to cater for all our Customers needs throughout the day,every day,here at the Hotel.
Thank you once again.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

Recently stayed, for one night, in Knock House Hotel with my husband and mother. We attended all the ceremonies in Knock and this hotel was ideal for our trip. The hotel is only a couple of minutes walk from Knock Shrine and church, so very handy for going back and forth. We were very happy with our stay in Knock House Hotel, staff very friendly and welcoming. The rooms were basic, but very clean,warm and comfortable, with small tv and tea tray. Our breakfast, freshly cooked full irish, cereals etc was very good and was our evening meal. The hotel also runs a courtesy bus to airport and train station, must pre-book. Would not recommend hotel for young families, as hotel has no leisure facilities or bar and is very quite. But if you want a peaceful and relaxing break and a visit to Knock Shrine this is the perfect hotel. Finally, supervalu and booking.com have cheaper rates than hotel website, which is quite expensive.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank reilling

Thank you for a most informative review of your recent stay at Knock House Hotel,& visits to Knock Shrine.I was delighted to hear that you all found the Hotel & Shrine facilities to your satisfaction & that you really enjoyed your few days here.Our Bar is fully stocked & functional,but our Licence only permits "Residents & Diners" to avail of the facilty,in the Hotel.
I will look at our competing Rates on the websites you mentioned,to ensure all our Guests choose our own Website first for all "Special Offers".
Thank you.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

I stayed at the Knock House Hotel on May 16th for just the one night. The whole experience was wonderful! My welcome was great and my room spacious, comfortable, very warm and equipped with all that I could have wished for. My evening meal was excellent and the service superb. I had the added pleasure of being able to enjoy a lovely evening's entertainment provided by a singer-guitarist with a lovely voice and a personality to match! Breakfast was first rate and my checking-out experience was on a par with the superb treatment I had experienced throughout. I would love to stay there again and am only sorry that I have booked a different hotel in Galway for my return. Never mind, I will be back! The proximity to the Shrine was an added bonus and the whole atmosphere of the place was awesome. I was in Knock in 1977 and found the whole place tacky - plastic rosary beads in stalls by the roadside is my abiding memory! Well done Knock for making the place what it should be!y

Room Tip: I can't speak for the other rooms but 241 was perfect!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank Noreenfogarty
Brianc999, Manager at Knock House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Noreen,thank you very much for taking the time & trouble to let us all know how pleased you were with the overall improvements in Knock since your last visit.Your constructive comments are most welcome as we all strive tirelessly to improve the Knock experience for every guest.
Thank you once again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Knock
McWilliam Park Hotel
Dalton Inn Hotel
Dalton Inn Hotel
#2 of 3 in Claremorris
Drum Haven Bed & Breakfast

Been to Knock House Hotel? Share your experiences!