“Shocking . . . . worst I've ever been in”

4 D's Restaurant & Takeaway
Ranked #4 of 6 Restaurants in Knock
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Its at the end of main street, ~ was in Knock for work and needed lunch as I'de been in the car for the past three and a half hours, it was away from all the holy shops so I went in and asked which would be the quickest the Burger or the Cod ~ I was told by the mail lady that the Cod would be I asked for mushy peas and chips, well it took about fifteen min for them to muster up this concoction ! the Fish looked awful the chips were cold and as for the peas I'll say no more. On cutting the fish the "fish" was grey and an off white ! I did taste it OMG ~ they call this fish ! I took the plate up to the counter and told the proprietor hat it was disgraceful ! as I looked around the room it was full of visitors all elderly and keeping their head down. I asked her what type of "Fish" it was I was told FISH ! and asked how she could ask €9.90 for the meal ~ mind you almost everything was €9.90 !
Sorry ~ but I felt that I was in Knock where most of the pilgrims are elderly and that don't complain ~ to me it was disgraceful that this carry on ~ AVOID at all costs.

7  Thank Michael C

Reviewed May 5, 2014

We decided to have something to eat in Knock while visiting today, and the smell of fried breakfast lured us in to 4 D's while passing by after using ATM at Costcutter's, but seriously I now wish we hadn't bothered! My husband and myself decided to order the all day full Irish breakfast with tea and our daughter ordered a chicken burger with chips and a can of 7Up. My daughter's meal wasn't too bad value for money at €7.20 plus €2 for her drink, but the breakfasts were not great at €9.70 each for 2 rashers of bacon, 2 slightly larger than cocktail sausages, one egg whose white was speckled black one slice each of black and white pudding 1 hash brown and a ramekin of cold beans! With the toast and tea and a bowl of chips we were fairly full and so were just happy enough to be fed on a wet and miserable bank holiday, but to be honest I have had far better quality and quantity breakfasts for €2 less in far nicer establishments and even had a grilled tomato thrown in! The only saving grace was the staff were quite nice and friendly, although towards the end of our meal the three of us almost jumped out of our skin with the waitress slamming a tray of crockery on the table behind us and continued to clatter them loudly as she re-set the other tables. In future if we are hungry in Knock I would be inclined to go for a quick snack elsewhere, and drive on to Ballyhaunis for a more substantial meal. Definitely would not spend another €30 in this restaurant.

8  Thank Gillo27
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Was in recently and tried to eat the dinner a pork dinner i simply couldn't it was horrible
Nicola will admit how bad if mgt is not around

5  Thank aoifem1278
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Ok, so we attended a late mass and were starving afterwards, we decided to walk down the road and eat at the first place we saw. Needless to say, the only place open was Fords 4D’s and it really wasn’t open, the lights were on and there was an older couple sitting at the table eating platefuls of French fries. They apparently hollered to the owner or waitress and she came around and opened the door for us and said she would serve us. We were so appreciative as we were starved. Well, she opened the door and went straight in the back….and didn’t return until I called for her, I thought it was weird, her letting us in then walking straight back.

After a long while, I got up and looked for some menus which I found on the counter. Then I called her out front to take our order. For what seemed a very, very long time, (we were on our second soda) out came our hamburgers. The bread was dry, the lettuce was white and the hamburger patty looked like it had been taken from a box in the freezer and overcooked in the microwave twice. The only good thing was the French fries and the soda. We ate it because we were sooo hungry and nothing else around was open but it was horrible and the service was horrible as well. The lady was nice but she was clearly trying to close up so we didn’t take offence to her rushing around and disappearing.

She did call us a cab and waited with us out front for it to arrive. We thought she was nice to have done that and hoped it wasn’t her that owned the place or cooked the food, if it was, we were very sorry for her, if not, we thought she should look for another job.

4  Thank boo2U
Reviewed August 6, 2012

After visiting the Shrine today we decided to find a place to eat. We went to the 4D's at the end of the row of shops because it looked good and even had a special for 7.80, Well, we waited 10 min for someone to wait on us. never received silverware nor our drinks nor our soup for another 20 min and only after we asked for our drinks (soda, tea, and water.) When our dinners finally came out 5 min later, the chips were hot but that was about all. My husbands vegs were cold, my son's burger was borderline cold, and my ham/Turkey was also borderline cold. The glassses they gave us to pour our soda & water into were hazy like they were dirty and they smelled terrible as well. I drank my soda out of the can!! (so why did we have to wait so long for a can of soda??) My son poured his water into one of the cups on the table after inspecting them first as on of the cups were dirty inside as well. Never will we go back to 4D's. Wish we had read the reviews first!!

9  Thank Kelley O