“Excellent in every way...what a great family!!”

Drum Haven Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 8 Knock B&B and Inns
Bowie, Maryland
“Excellent in every way...what a great family!!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

First of all, I have to apologize, I have been so busy planning my trip with my grandchildren (we leave this Sat.) that I haven’t had a chance to write my reviews of Ireland. Apologies to Declan, Linda, Jake and Jessica.

My mother and I stayed at Drum Haven for a few days after our two week tour of Ireland as a pilgrimage to Our Lady of Knock before we headed home. We found Drum Haven to be perfectly located, just a few minutes walking to the Shrine and we could get dinner at either the Knock Hotel which is just down the street or in town, near the church and shrine. The breakfast at Drum Haven is a wonderful full Irish breakfast, however, with us having had that for the two weeks we were on tour, it was a bit much for us and we opted for a simpler fare of oatmeal and toast. But we did see others enjoying their breakfast.

The rooms were big enough for us and spotless, our ensuite bathroom was spotless as well with clean towels each day should you request them. The sheets and bedding were very comfortable and the window opened should you need some fresh air. Declan was very nice and accommodating, and Jake and Jessica were wonderful. We didn’t see Linda until the last day as she was busy with exams and she was so personable, it was like we had been friends forever. I was put off that she didn’t let me take Jessica home with me but I can understand that…LOL. Jake was wonderful too, but I have 3 boys and all my grandchildren are boys…too many boys, need a girl.

There is a staircase that leads up to the rooms (about 13), my mother has problems with her knees and found them to be tolerable. Jake and Declan helped with the luggage so the stairs were not an issue otherwise. We have never stayed in a B&B before and didn’t know what to expect but I am happy to report all was quiet when we needed it to be and we had our own key to the front door and to our room door.

There were biscuits in our room to welcome us, we also had a very large wardrobe, dresser, nightstand and individual lighting sconces for each bed. We had our own coffee/tea set-up and our own TV in the room with several channels and free Wi-Fi that Jessica helped me figure out. There was hand soap in the bathroom with body soap as well. The shower had good pressure and we had plenty of hot water, there was also a schedule of events on the wall for Mass which was very thoughtful. We were very pleased with our stay and loved the family and our accommodations very much. I thought it would be weird, but it wasn’t, I would definitely not hesitate to stay again. Also, Linda was most responsive to my questions beforehand and easy to work with. Thanks again for a wonderful stay and let me know when I can have Jessica. :-)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank boo2U
Linda J, Owner at Drum Haven Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Ah so pleased with your wonderful review. Thank you so much and for mentioning all of us. It made the children very excited. Hope your all well and hope to see you when you next return to the West of Ireland. Thanks a million. Linda, Declan, Jake & Jessica x

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed October 8, 2013

As I come to Knock as a pilgrim (and no car) the location is vital to me and Drum Haven is located a few minutes walk from the Shrine. I stayed at Drum Haven in July and September. I am very satisfied with the atmosphere of the house, the hosts, room AND the breakfast - I stayed twice and looking forward to returning - Solveig , Denmark

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Solveig F
Linda J, Owner at Drum Haven Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Solveig,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and we are already looking forward to seeing you soon again. Take care until we meet again.
Dunloy, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We have just stayed in this bed and breakfast on sat 21st september 2013, myself, mum, 2 little daughters and niece. It was absolutely beautiful and we throughly enjoyed our stay and would strongly recommend this accomodation. Declan and linda were so friendly and helpful with declan taking our bags to the room and linda so pleasant from we first met her to we left the next morning. The food was also beautiful! Definitely book this b&b if looking accomodation in knock, absolutely spotless and fantastic, hope we will be back with you sometime.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Edel M
Linda J, Owner at Drum Haven Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you so very much for your wonderful review Edel. It was a pleasure to welcome you all into our home and the little girls were angelic. We would love to see you all again. Many thanks,
Linda, Declan & Family
Douglas, Cork
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed with Declan and Linda (Jake and Jessica) in Drum Haven on Tuesday 16th and Wednesday 17th July 2013. Declan was there at 2 pm to take our bags up to the room and make sure that we were comfortable. The rooms were lovely and furnished and since the last time, they have digital TV which was a bonus and Declan showed me how to use it.

You are free to come and go as you please. It was the first time that we visited Knock and it was not raining. No need for the rain jackets! On the last day, we were able to leave the cases in the B & B during mass so we didn't have to drag them around the Shrine complex.

The B & B is so near the Shrine complex that you don't have to walk too far. Breakfast as usual was first class and Declan making sure that we were happy with everything. Even Linda asked us if we wanted extra biscuits for the room.

Thanks Declan and Linda and see you again next year!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Anniebannie1981
Linda J, Manager at Drum Haven Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your lovely review and you are always welcome in Drum Haven B&B. The pleasure is ours. x
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Great location, very clean and the breakfast will set you up for the day! Linda and Declan very genuine and friendly, they made a great fuss of my son.
Quiet area and parking available.
Will book again for sure. Thank you! X Josie Hastings

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jhh21
Linda J, Owner at Drum Haven Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thank you Josie & Rory (Little Elton John). What a pleasure having you stay with us. Your welcome back anytime. x
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Declan Linda and family as always a huge thank you for your hospitality and warmth towards us see you mon god willing.Hope the weather is pleasant on sun and mon st therese day we have been saying that murphy was an optimist anything that can go wrong it will go wrong winter bug now a cold always something

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank chatterbox7812
Linda J, Owner at Drum Haven Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a lovely review. So happy that you enjoyed your stay here with us and hope to see you again.
Declan, Linda & Family
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Decklin (I hope I spelled that right) was very professional. The house is new, which is a nice change from older B&B's. It is within walking distance of the church and cemetery. Breakfast was great! And when I told him I was researching family history and really had nothing to go on, he gave me a few names to contact in the area, and we actually spent an entire day with a distant relation, who took us all over town gathering information.
THATs why you stay in a B&B in Ireland!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cathy2030
Linda J, Manager at Drum Haven Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely review. Very much appreciated and so happy that you found some local knowledge and history about the Finns. Welcome back anytime.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Knock
Knock House Hotel
No photo provided
Divine Mercy B&B
#3 of 8 in Knock
Shrine View Guest House

Been to Drum Haven Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!