“Lovely spot, fantastic hostess!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Orchard

The Orchard
“Lovely spot, fantastic hostess!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

My three traveling companions and I stayed at the Orchard en route from Westport to Killarney. We had previously stayed in hostels in the city so the B & B experience was a refreshing change. Eileen is a lovely hostess - greeting us with fresh tea and delicious Guinness bread and a warm smile. We arrived late without having eaten dinner and she immediately called the pub down the road to keep the kitchen open for us. Throughout our stay Eileen was extremely accommadating and we enjoyed chatting with her. The rooms are clean and tidy and were perfect for us. Overall, Eileen is a fantastic hostess and runs a lovely B and B that I would highly recommend to any folks passing through!

• Stayed July 2013
263Eileen, Owner at The Orchard, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Patrick,

I love young people staying especially when they have stayed at hostels before coming to me.
I think I converted you to Bed and Breakfasts!!!!!
Yes. Foley's Pub is fantastic. They have always taken such good care of my customers. Their food is great and reasonable too.

Thank you for your kind comments and I hope if you are back this way again in the future, you will be most welcome.

Best regards,

Eileen.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Nevada City, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Eileen is a wonderful hostess offering freshly baked Guiness cake upon my arrival and homemade bread as a part of her excellent breakfast offerings. The rooms are large, tastefully decorated and spotless. On top of that Eileen insisted on driving me to the place in town where I needed to catch the bus for the next leg of my journey. My stay at The Orchard was a wonderful experience in every way!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Mark,

Thank you so very much for the lovely comments.
When I saw you at the door, having walked from the bus stop with your luggage, I felt so bad.
I always pick up my customers as carrying luggage is a pest.
It was no problem dropping you down next morning too.
I heard from the "grape-vine" that your play was wonderful. I have my sources!
Take care.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Eileen was able to accommodate us at very short notice, and we were very pleased to share her delightful Guiness cake with her late at night. Breakfast was also very tasty, and we enjoyed her home cooking.

The rooms were a little poky, and furnishings and bedding a bit outdated. Our bathroom was tiny, with just a toilet and tiny shower cubicle, and the wash basin was located in the bedroom. There wasn't much room for our suitcases, but it was a comfortable bed and it served the purpose.

All in all, we stayed in 5 Bed and Breakfasts in Ireland, and although The Orchard wasn't our favourite, we were still very grateful for the bed late at night, and the efforts that Eileen went to ensure we had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Debbytp99
Dear Debbie,
Thank you so very much for your lovely comments.
You got exactly what I do and what I am all about.
I use up most of my energy in taking care of my customers.

But my home is a typical 100 year old country house.
Nearly all of these are of the same design.

The walls between the bedrooms are solid and I made the decision when I put in the showers and toilets, not to change the interior structure of the house. This meant that because of the position of the window in the room, the ensuite had to go in the corner and I decided to put the hand basin outside it. Many poeple like it but then some don't. That is ok too.
As regards the bedding, I bought very good quality coloured sheets just a few years ago and low and behold, fashions changed and now everything is white. I am left with these American sheets and there they will stay. I suppose they look odd! But the quality is excellent.

You were very welcome late at night, even without a booking. Even if I were full, I have never left a person down and always found accommodation for them. That is all part of the service.
Thank you for your comments and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Ireland.
Eileen
Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Eileen's cakes were the most welcoming introduction to our stay.
An all round relaxing atmosphere with typical farm house ambience and some excellent food - that breakfast lasted us all day - thank you

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Yorkshire Dangerous,
Thank you for your lovely comments.
Glad you enjoyed the Guinness Cake.
One thing I really like is for someone to eat a big breakfast.
I hate waste!
Thank you.
Malone, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Orchard. Eileen was a great hostess and even shared her home made breads and jellies. She is a great cook. The B&B was clean and comfortable. I would definately recommend this B&B to anyone traveling in the area. It was like staying with family...but better.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Debbie,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
It is great to get such a warm recommendation from you.
Thank you so very much.
Eileen
Manheim, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

What a gracious and genuine hostess Eileen Murphy is. Called last minute to enquire about room, was given an immediate no problem, come on in and there will be tea ready and Homemade Guineas Cake! Rooms were spotless, great shower, terrific breakfast! Would stay just to chat with Eileen! She had great advice about areas to see and things to do. Thank you for everything! Great fun:)

• Stayed April 2013
263Eileen, Owner at The Orchard, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Gibbs B,

It was great having you stay and because you understood the hospitality industry so well, I feel so proud of your comments.
Your photos are lovely.
You must have been in the photography business at some stage in your life.
You are now back at work and I am sure your customers will be just as happy with you as you were with me.
Thank you for your comments.
Regards,
West Kingston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Eileen Murphy is an excellent and gracious host, making my party of 4 feel welcome and at home. The accomodations were excellent! On our arrival, although late in the evening, she offered us tea and a delicious Guinness Bread. Our morning meal was excellent in every respect and she was very helpful in giving us directions and local dining suggestions - I wil stay at Eileen's again. HIGHLY recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
263Eileen, Owner at The Orchard, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Connie,
I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I must say I had great fun talking to you over the cup of tea.
I hope you enjoy making the Guinness Cake. I will have to make one now as I have two people coming from the North of Ireland tomorrow and they are looking forward to it. I hope you ladies had a great time for the rest of your holiday.
Thanks again for the kind works.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcastle West
#3 of 3 in Newcastle West
Aaron Lodge
Aaron Lodge
#1 of 31 in Limerick

Been to The Orchard? Share your experiences!