“Excellent place lovely wecome”
Review of The Orchard

The Orchard
Sneem, Ireland
“Excellent place lovely wecome”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My partner and I stayed at the Orchard for three nights during the Taste of West Fest 15th 16th September.We were exhibitors at the taste of West Fest.

The B&B is located jut outside Newcastle West on the Adare Limerick road

We arrived and were welcomed by the owner Eileen Murphy who showed a choice of rooms and after having allowed us to settle in offered a much welcome cup of tea along with some of her griddle bread, home-made jams and porter cake.
Each morning we had a lovely breakfast of local bacon and sausages with fresh eggs from their own hens, accompanied by delicious griddle bread and some more of the selection of jams.

The room was comfortable, en-suite and quiet
This B&B is one of the nicest I have stayed in and a real gem Eileen is a exceptional hostess ensuring we were comfortable and welcome at all times.
She even generously shared her griddle bread recipe with us when we showed an interest.
We will be returning next year for West Fest 2013!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Eileen G
263Eileen, Owner at The Orchard, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear E,
Thank you so very much for the lovely comments.
As regards the griddle bread recipe, did you develop an easy version for your own business?
As Griddle Bread is so traditional and so tasty, I think your customers would love it. I am looking forward to tasting more of your delicious cakes next year and maybe your adaptation of my recipe.
Thank you.
Eileen.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Orbassano
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This B&B has been a very nice surprise. We had an intense day visiting the countryside between the counties Clare and Limerick, and the welcome we received by Eileen when we arrived in her house was one of the best things in the day.
She invited us to have a cup of tea, with her home-made brown bread and the Guinness Cake. What a treat!
The breakfast in the morning was very good, with a wide range of home-made jams.
Eileen is a perfect hostess and is a very good talker. She kept us talking for a long time and she gave us some good hint about places to see and where to eat.
The room was in the average, but we slept alright and the place is quiet and peaceful.
We'll surely choose the house again if we are in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Biella, Italy
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The Orchard is very clean and very comfortable. The owner, Eileen, pays attention to every details and serves you the best homemade breakfast we have eaten in Ireland. Nice atmosphere! We were 4, so we got a family room just under the roof ensuite.
The orchard is just before the city of Newcastelwest if you come from Limerick. There's place to park your car and the dining room is big enough to welcome the guests. Breakfast is very good and there's plenty of choice. Eileen is very good at cooking and backing, so she is proud to offer her best homemade cakes and marmelades.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Eileen is a great lady, and really does the important things to keep her guests happy. Good balance between attentiveness and privacy.

The accommodations were nice... not fancy, modern or posh, but comfortable and sufficient. The home was mostly clean, but felt a lot more like a home than a hotel. I enjoy that aspect of this place, but those with higher expectations for decor and furnishings might be disappointed.

The highlight was the terrific food served. For breakfast, she had home baked bread, a selection of 5 homemade jams and a duct-egg omelet that was incredible, along with other fruits, porage, and more...

Only disappointment was that the Wifi password did not work. I tried to find her at night to ask her about it, but she must have been asleep, so i didn't prod further. Honest mistake i'm sure and I definitely would not hold it too much against her.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 5, 2012

A warm welcome awaits you at The Orchard. The rooms are of very good size and our bed was comfortable. Breakfast was delightful and nice and fresh. For a good conversation you cannot go past Eilleen - she could talk for Ireland!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Groningen, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 17, 2012

In one word: WOW! Could not have been better. Every word in the past reviews is true. Best and friendliest hostess in Ireland! Best breakfast we ever had and an impeccable room! The bed was really comfortable and the temperature was just right. A real treat to stay here.
Hard to believe she makes al of the jams herself and that the bread and cake were homemade as well, it's so good! The eggs were superfresh and the meat was as local as possible. What a cook and what a lovely woman. True, it feels like home. But at our own place, we have a small bed and our breakfast contains of two dry slices of bread :p. So I would say, more than a home. Thanks!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Cork, Cork, Ireland
Reviewed January 17, 2012

We arrived at The Orchard on Saturday evening last. When we rang Eileen on our way there she told us she would have the kettle on for when we arrived. Sure enough on our arrival we were treated to tea and the most beautiful porter cake (homemade) that I have ever tasted.
Only that we were going to a gig that night in the town we could have sat there all evening long in the lounge, chatting away with Eileen. Even then when the time came for us to go to the gig Eileen had no problem in driving us in to the venue, and of course gave us the contact numbers for local taxies etc. for later that night. Having danced the night away we arrived down for breakfast on Sunday morning (pre-arranged) at around 11am. The breakfast was just amazing, but the one part that stood out was the delicious homemade black pudding - it was a taste to remember forever! Overall a lovely stay, just a pity it was only for 1 night - hopefully the next time we might manage to stay a bit longer, well done to all concerned! Marie & Ger, Cork

Room Tip: Go for the rooms at the back of the house, as the main road is so busy