“Our Recent Stay At The Orchard!”
Review of The Orchard

The Orchard
Reviewed January 17, 2012

We arrived at The Orchard on Saturday evening last. When we rang Eileen on our way there she told us she would have the kettle on for when we arrived. Sure enough on our arrival we were treated to tea and the most beautiful porter cake (homemade) that I have ever tasted.
Only that we were going to a gig that night in the town we could have sat there all evening long in the lounge, chatting away with Eileen. Even then when the time came for us to go to the gig Eileen had no problem in driving us in to the venue, and of course gave us the contact numbers for local taxies etc. for later that night. Having danced the night away we arrived down for breakfast on Sunday morning (pre-arranged) at around 11am. The breakfast was just amazing, but the one part that stood out was the delicious homemade black pudding - it was a taste to remember forever! Overall a lovely stay, just a pity it was only for 1 night - hopefully the next time we might manage to stay a bit longer, well done to all concerned! Marie & Ger, Cork

Room Tip: Go for the rooms at the back of the house, as the main road is so busy
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gerry M
There are newer reviews for The Orchard

Reviewed October 13, 2011

We arrived late in Newcastle West on a rainy, cold night. Eileen welcomed us with a warm smile, hot tea and Porter cake. We watched debates on TV with her other guests and family. The house was really nice. Rooms were impeccable. Breakfast was amazing. This was one of our special memories of Ireland. Don't miss this one !

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2011

WE stayed a few nights in sep 2011 at the ORCHARD .
WE have stayed during the last years in many B&B and Eileen was the best .
IRIS AND MICHA

Room Tip: Room nr 4 is the best
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Orchard House is a great place to stay to access the Irish countryside, culture, history, and take long walks. The house itself is older and with much character. Our room was quite large, bright and sunny, and the king bed was unbelievably comfortable. The shower was perfect! Being from a rural area, we were a bit worried about facing the main road, but the road noise was virtually non-existent by 8:00 PM. Eileen’s breakfasts were phenomenal – the duck egg omelet was excellent. Sim devoured Eileen’s Porter cake and she just kept it coming! And then she brought out her lemon curd and despite our full stomachs we both started eating again. Eileen introduced us to a great walking trail, essentially like the “rails to trails” in the U.S. – and what a beautiful long walk it was. The highlight of our stay was meeting Eileen. She is a true delight – so warm, generous, and filled with a brilliant sense of humor and fun!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SimnCaite
Reviewed February 22, 2011

Eileen is the most amazing hostess ever! She was incredibly flexible with our timing for both food and travelling. Breakfast was phenomenal every morning! Fill Irish breakfasts, French toast, endless loaves of bread, homemade chutney and jams, etc.
She might as well have been a full time concierge as she helped us figure out every bit ignite two days there and in the surrounding towns.

You simply must stay here with Eileen. The rooms were warm and cozy and always clean for when we got back. You will be wiser, fuller and more Irish than you've ever felt before if you stay here. When you go Ireland, go The Orchard!

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed January 1, 2011

We started our visit to Ireland at Eileen's B&B. She was a most welcoming hostess. She went above & beyond to make our stay the most enjoyable. We sure miss her homemade guinness cake. When we return to Ireland we will be looking forward to staying at the Orcard and seeing Eileen again. We highly recommend staying there if you want good Irish hospitality.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank guitar33
Reviewed October 9, 2010

Booked a room at The Orchard for a couple of nights as a base for exploring Western Ireland. Upon arrival I was presented with homemade cake, scones and jam (and tea). A great way to start my stay.

After a good nights sleep, I was served duck-eggs and smoked salmon for breakfast, besides the cereal and homemade bread (and toast) that was also served. Breakfast at The Orchard is both delicious and plentiful.

The room was nice and clean, as was the bathroom. Besides the key for the room, I was given a key to the front door, so I could come and go as I pleased. You can reach downtown Newcastle West by foot in about 15 minutes.

At all times, Mrs. Murphy was very helpful and suggestive with ideas for trips in and around county Limerick (I can recommend a trip to Dingle peninsula). Also at all times, there was cake and bread and tea/coffee available in the dining room.

I had a very nice stay and would definitely recommend this B&B to others.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Charleville Park Hotel
Charleville Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Charleville
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick

Been to The Orchard? Share your experiences!