“Not worth a detour!”
Review of Harry's Bar and Grille - CLOSED

Harry's Bar and Grille
Cuisines: Irish
Description: This place used to be called Wiidow Quinni, however the ownerschanged it to Harry's Bar and Grille during the past two years.
Dublin, Ireland
“Not worth a detour!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stopped off here at lunchtime in April 2013. I came across the facility by accident and seeing that there was plenty of available free parking decided to give it a try.

This is a large bar with intelligent use of space so you and your party can feel that you are able to dine in relative privacy. It is clean and comfortable and a welcome break on a long journey. It is also has good Wi-Fi is you are in need of communication.

The Guinness I ordered was one of the best served pints I have had anywhere in Ireland and the staff were efficient if a little distant. This standoffish characteristic seems to be part of the Limerick psyche and it takes a little time to break down. Behind it all they can be quite approachable and friendly.

Eating was another matter however. The food was piled on the plate in an unattractive heap and although I asked for potatoes and no other vegetable, the waiter managed to get the message reversed so I had plenty of vegetables and a little potato. In Ireland people consider the potato not as a generic vegetable but as a separate item so you will sometimes hear the phrase, "some vegetables and potatoes (of chips)!" My fish was quite adequate and helped to provide sustenance for the rest of my travels that day.

All in all it was not a bad experience but I would not be inclined to make a detour if I were heading in this general direction.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Gretry

limerick
“This premises has gone down it has lost its homely atmosphere and overall quality”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We use to dine in this restaurant for years, every week we would pop in for dinner or brunch and occasionally we would arrange family meals, we were valued customers and the staff were always fabulous. Unfortunately this has changed, The atmosphere has changed over the last few years. The food is over priced and was of poor quality. The last time we dined here the waiter was so unhelpful, he brought me a plate of what looked like an over kill of 'lettuce and leaves' with a sprinkle of chicken as a main course. He got defensive when I refused to accept it. It which was pricey and I have to mention that he did not seem to be a local, he was so rude to us that we just stood up and walked out leaving our drinks which we had paid for behind us. We have not returned to eat in the bar there since and will not be returning.

• Visited October 2011