“Friends Wedding”
Review of Devon Inn Hotel

Devon Inn Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Newcastle West
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I attended my friends wedding at the Devon Inn last weekend and can't fault it at all. We had travelled from Dublin and stayed 3 nights (Thurs, Fri & Sat). As in previously reviews food was lovely. We ate breakfast each morning and also had dinner on the Thursday & Saturday as the Wedding took place on the Friday. I found the staff very helpful and had no problems with our room. Abbeyfeale is only a few minutes drive up the road if you fancy a livelier evening. All in all enjoyed my date and if passing again will drop in for some food.

Room Tip: Ask for a room between the number 40 to 50.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dayo C

Reviewed July 18, 2013

As a regular traveller to south west Kerry, I like to stop for a lunch break at a nice convenient location. Since the motorway (M7) opened i had to search for a new venue. I tried the Devon and I was very pleasantly surprised. The food was great and the staff were excellent. Have a loyalty card now and I always stop at the Devon. I have recommended it to many friends who were also equally impressed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

my wife and i attended wedding in the devon inn on sat 1 june.the hotel is 11 km from newcastlewest and in the countryside.plenty of free parking.huge hotrl to cater for 400guests (most guests stayed ).staff the friendliest .wedding bsnquet outstanding.food snd wine top class.service excellent and efficient.stayed in roon 29 nice view of hills and countryside.had breakfast delivered on time and so hot.overall would reccomend thos hotel as a wedding venue or a place to stay.the staff here make the hotel top class.will return.thanks for a great time.well done!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The Devon Inn Hotel,

Nice welcoming atmosphere in the bar & the lobby area is very nice and cosy.. . All last summer when i was coming home from working in another Hotel in Killarney, as receptionist. So I take customer service as is very important to me. its great spot for food if u are going to Killarney or Tralee. The bar menu is perfect for anytime of the day. After myself and my parents having our meal we were delighted with the service.the bar music is a bit dated so its needs to be updated. the carpet by the steps should be changed its gone very faded

But when it came to paying it was not the most pleasantly experience.,when I went to pay by card, it came across as if the waitress didn know how to work the visa machine. she said i not am used to this, i had to tell what button to press from her side. then she tryed to make out that their was no money in my card as it printed up a docked wit some error, to make its worse there was a customer waiting the pay as well.. Until the receptionist returned back to the desk, said the same thing, then when she tried it the second the time then it worked and I knew that my card was okay. very unprofessional from the waitress and receptionist .

I will call again with my parents, but I hope that the customer improves and that ye get the credit card machine sorted or else ye will have unhappy customers !!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank marykate21
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Devon Inn for 2 Nights early last month, as we were going to a Wedding in Abbeyfeale.We enjoyed our Stay and found our bedroom very comfortable and thought the staff especially in Reception were very friendly and helpful Will definitely go back there later in the year.
Josephine

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Galwaygal5
Reviewed April 28, 2013

A one night stay here for a function was good, the meal was very good and the service was extremely quick, a product of what I believe is this hotel's ability to cater for weddings and functions as a mainstay of its business.

The bedroom was spacious with a large bathroom with bath and over bath shower, the toiletries were non existent except for a pair of wall mounted soap dispensers, these are a waste of space and time, how people are expected to use one of those if taking a bath is beyond me, what's wrong with a couple of bars of soap?

The room wasn't cold or damp, the furniture is a bit dated but typical of most Irish 3 star hotels which haven't been updated or modernised.

Breakfast was a plus in being served to your table and not sweating in those hot bins, not much choice on show if you didn't want the typical Irish fry and no sign of any fruit or anything of a "Continental" nature.

This property seems to have been added to in piece meal fashion and is spread out but there is lots of car parking space, it seemed to be isolated and located well away from any town.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stayed at devon inn in march after attending a wedding room damp and cold decor needs attention price 90 euro expensive for

quality of room breakfast ok only ,rooms are advertised much cheaper I had to pay on check in expensive for quality of accommation Margaret wedding guest15
/3/2013

#4 of 4 in Newcastle West
Longcourt House Hotel
Longcourt House Hotel
#3 of 4 in Newcastle West

Been to Devon Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!