We just arrived back from a night in this lovely country house, we had a lovely warm welcome from the staff and the proprietor who gave us a tour around some of the very well appointed rooms with the most beautiful fireplaces, Our room was downstairs with a beautiful view of the sea and with such lovely weather it really showed the gardens off to there very best, the bed was very comfy and a really large size although i think the room could do with a bit of a spruce up, the carpet is very dull and doesnt show off the wonderful furniture and soft furnishings to there best, our shower dripped all night especially if you used the sink taps????? Our breakfast was superb and the staff very attentive, the doors were opened so everybody could enjoy the scenery of the irish sea and gardens from the breakfast room, We had the table D,hote dinner which i must say was an absolute disappointment,having been told by the owner about the amount of compliments they had recieved about the food i was really looking forward to it but alas i fear i dont feel the same as the people he spoke to, My starter was duck pate which was tasteless and was accompanied by burnt toast and my main was wing of ray which was tasty but as there was no beef or chicken on the menu ( probably on the a la carte menu ) i thought i,d give it a go,it was good but not what i would have ordered in normal circumstances, i felt the menu was very limited, my husband had a very tasty chowder to start and he had the pork belly which he enjoyed but he would have like a lot more veg on the plate, if you wanted more veg it cost 4eur per portion. the dessert was a lovely creme brulee but overall i would only give the meal 5 out of 10. i dont think i would return for an evening meal again but i would recommend bed and breakfast, i didnt know there was an opportunity to have a massage as we were not told there were spa treatments if i had of known i would of availed of them, the reception area should be moved to a more central point with lots of information readily available to take and read, the receptionists are so nice and helpful they shouldnt be hidden away. i really wish this review was more positive as tinakilly country house could be more than what is at the moment, lets hope the new owners take some of my points onboard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1883 for Captain Robert Halpin, Tinakilly is a beautiful Country House Hotel with 51 bedrooms set on 7 acres of mature landscaped gardens overlooking the Irish sea ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Tinakilly Country House Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tinakilly Country House Hotel And Restaurant
- Tinakilly Country House Hotel & Restaurant Ireland/Rathnew, County Wicklow