Booked a nights stay with their seven course meal as a birthday treat. Firstly i do think got an excellent deal with a voucher not cheap but good value. Girl on reception was very helpful and friendly so great first impression. Room was a junior suite, fantastic space with a lovely view. The meal itself got off to a really bad start , first course came and then nothing for 45 minutes. The waitress came out with an excuse that was embarrassing however after a bit of a moan service improved a lot and food was delicious. They have wine matching with this meal which involves 4 different named wines. When they didnt have 2 of these wines in stock it started to get irritating again but in fairness they deducted it from the bill so you cant say fairer than that. Ordered an irish coffee in the lovely bar, have to say it was really really bad, an irish country house hotel should be able to serve one of these properly.Barman said someone else made it and he would make sure he made a proper one and true to his word he did. Breakfast was superb. Would i return? Absolutely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1883 for Captain Robert Halpin, Tinakilly is a beautiful Country House Hotel with 51 bedrooms set on 7 acres of mature landscaped gardens overlooking the Irish sea ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Tinakilly Country House Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tinakilly Country House Hotel And Restaurant
- Tinakilly Country House Hotel & Restaurant Ireland/Rathnew, County Wicklow