We stayed here in late November 2011 and the first thing we expected on arrival on friday evening was a warm fire but unfortunately we were to be disappointed as the fireplace was bare. We asked if it would be lit later and were assured that it would be. The room was fine, bed comfortable but we had upgraded to a superior room and to be honest it wasn't particularly special. Anyway we went downstairs for dinner only to find no fire lighting in reception and a gas fire in the bar which is just not good enough for a country house hotel in my opinion. The food was spectacular. When we were going to bed we asked about the still unlit fire and were told they had no coal. The following morning we had a fantastic breakfast and lo and behold the fire was finally lit- a pity we were checking out! We told the lovely receptionist that we were disappointed (we heard other guests complaining too) and i filled in a comment card. She assured us that Ian the manager would get back to us but 2 weeks and 3 phone calls later he still has not contacted us. We have 3 small children and this was our christmas present to each other, we paid a babysitter to stay over and were so looking forward to this break. The worst part of the experience is the fact that ian finnan has ignored our calls and has shown us no courtesy whatsoever. At 190 euro for 1 dinner b&b this was not cheap but the house is amazing and steeped in history. Just a pity it lacked warmth, both in apmosphere and in customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1883 for Captain Robert Halpin, Tinakilly is a beautiful Country House Hotel with 51 bedrooms set on 7 acres of mature landscaped gardens overlooking the Irish sea ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Tinakilly Country House Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tinakilly Country House Hotel And Restaurant
- Tinakilly Country House Hotel & Restaurant Ireland/Rathnew, County Wicklow