Our last night in Ireland was spent here at Tinakilly Country House. The grounds were immaculately groomed leading up to the hotel. At the top of a hill one could see the Irish Sea. Ahhhhhh.
We were met by a wonderful receptionist who guided us to Room Five, or the France Room. We had a gorgeous rounded four window view of the grounds. Plenty of room, and a canopy bed. The bath was nice and somewhat quaint with a wall mounted water tank and chain.
We had a moment where we couldn't get the lock on the door to work so we called down to reception. Our rescuer was Rosie. My husband and Rosie stayed in the room while I stood in the hallway as Rosie showed my husband how to work the lock.......... uh, not so much as now they were locked in! Thank God I had the key to the room with me so I could open the door to let them out. We had a huge laugh over that one.
Short of the lock problem we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Tinakilly. Oh, and their porridge was the BEST we had while we were in Ireland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1883 for Captain Robert Halpin, Tinakilly is a beautiful Country House Hotel with 51 bedrooms set on 7 acres of mature landscaped gardens overlooking the Irish sea ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Tinakilly Country House Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tinakilly Country House Hotel And Restaurant
- Tinakilly Country House Hotel & Restaurant Ireland/Rathnew, County Wicklow