“Signature Restaurant in Druid's Glen”
Review of Hugo's Restaurant

Hugo's Restaurant
Cuisines: Irish, International
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Hugo's Restaurant offers guests a wonderful dining experience and has been awarded two AA Rosettes for Culinary Excellence. Our chefs bring a distinctive, creative flair to our food offering and our dishes offer a delightful variety of flavour and textures using the freshest of seasonal ingredients. The chic interior design of Hugo's coupled with the bright and airy atmosphere and gorgeous woodland views makes for a lovely dining experience. The room is minimalist in style with wood-panelling and a soft grey and teal blue colour scheme with comfortable velvet booths.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I don't know whether we hit an off day but we booked a friday night and it wasn't very busy, but the service was still not what I expected.

We were welcomed into the restaurant and shown to our table. It was quite noisy and there were babies crying loudly. The food choices were quite limited in the Table;e D'hote and A La Carte menus. Only around four choices for each course, and a few more on the A La Carte menu.

Now this is meant to have two AA stars nut it certainly was not up to this level when we were there.

The staff, for example, did not seem to know who had ordered which dish and I would have expected this as standard for a restaurant of this reputation. Other restaurant can do this without difficulty. The food quality was OK but not special and there was quite a wait between courses - presumably because each course was being cooked freshly? However it was not a busy evening and I would worry if it was busier. I ordered fish soup to start which was tasty but again not exceptional. The Pheasant was dry and overcooked. did not have a dessert as all choices were sweet and I prefer to avoid sweet things.

1  Thank daddytommy

Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

I dined in Hugo’s with friends and I was astonished by the price of the food here. I ordered scallops for starter which cost €19 and I got 3 small ones. I complained to the waiter and he held his hands up and said “I only work here”. I’d recommend eating in the bar.. far better.

Reviewed July 25, 2018

Really lovely dinner menu. Service was excellent and the staff knew the menu. The setting is bright but welcoming.

1  Thank Sliros
Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

A wonderful treat for the tastebuds. We were treated like royalty by the staff who were polite, helpful and friendly. This restaurant serves high quality ingredients in an imaginative and flavoursome manner. Our food was a treat for the eyes as well as the tastebuds. A relaxed and welcoming atmosphere added to the experience. Worth every penny.

1  Thank IHC13
Reviewed July 8, 2018

Recently dined in Hugo's restaurant as part of a 1 night package and was suitably impressed. We had 3 excellent courses, from a set menu, and I would gladly eat all 3 again.The restaurant was busy on the Sunday evening we dined but certainly not noisy.
We were offered some bread to start with and, being a pair of chancers, we asked if we could sample both. No problem of course and both the Guinness wheaten bread and cheese & onion scones were simply divine. My seafood chowder was plentiful and full of fish.
The good lady wife thoroughly enjoyed her pate and accompanying toasts. Two generous starters in my opinion. We both had the roast lamb for our main course and this did not disappoint. Perfectly cooked and came with a selection of veg and a portion of potato gratin to share.Again we both settled on the same dessert, vanilla panna cotta.A wonderfully light pudding indeed. The addition of raspberry sorbet, ginger biscuits and caramelised rhubarb really enhanced this rather safe choice.This was also beautifully presented and inscribed with happy anniversary, which was a nice touch.
Tea and some exquisite shards of chocolate literally finished us off!
Special mention must go out to our heavily pregnant waitress who looked after us and made sure we had a wonderful anniversary meal. Thanks and we look forward to dining in Hugo's in the not too distant future.