“Nice food, prompt service and relaxing views”
Review of The Thirteenth Bar

The Thirteenth Bar
Description: The Thirteenth Bar & Pavilion Lounge is located in the heart of the hotel and overlooks the famous 13th hole on Druids Glen Golf Course. It has a comfortable and casual atmosphere where you can enjoy a delicious menu and an after dinner drink.
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

I had lunch there today with a friend and we both enjoyed it.
We live in Dublin and were driving around Wicklow when we felt hungry and stopped by.
This is not a hotel I would think of for a stay but as I work in hospitality I was curious about it, therefore we decided to give a chance to one of their outlets, The Thirteen Bar.
The believe what I liked the most was the structure of the place, comfy seating surrounded by glassed walls and great views to the golf gardens. The food was quite well presented and the service is what you expect from a 5*. Maybe a larger variety would be welcome but the menu is certainly a well selected mix of simple irish cuisine. I went for the superfood salad and loved it!
Worth it a visit!

There are newer reviews for The Thirteenth Bar

Reviewed May 16, 2014

really a pretty bar and very friendly staff we ate lunch here I had the seafood chowder way delish with brown bread and my husband had the hamburger

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Great variety of food and fantastic service. Staff very friendly and professional. Cocktails very good too!!!!!!

Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Had battered cod and chips that were cooked left there and recooked again it was terrible and my boyfriend had chicken stuffed with blue cheese couldn't eat it. We left hungry and after having a few drinks couldn't go anywhere else. Such a poor menu for a 5 star resort. Maybe they should just go back to basics and have some good hearty meals on the menu which might Go down better. Just be because it's a five star hotel doesn't mean you can't cook some "normal every day food" that people actually enjoy. Ye could do with getting some tips from Matt the millers bar in Kilkenny they aren't a 5 star hotel but their food is

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Liked the decor, big lights and dark mahogany. Very traditional. Food good and staff friendly. The bar opens out into a large sun room with open fire and great views over the golf course.