Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort
Parkview Hotel(Newtown Mount Kennedy)(Great Value!)
$67
$65
Glenview Hotel(Glen Of The Downs)
$114
$90
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
2,196 results
All reviewsplunge poolstar hotelbottle of proseccogames roomtop classdvd playerhot towelslovely touchlittle touchesthirteenth bardriving rangespa treatmentsbar foodleisure centrefrom start to finishmain restaurantfabulous hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I booked this hotel for a midterm getaway and I'm really glad I did. It's an oasis in the beautiful County Wicklow and a great base for exploring the county - as long as you have a car.
I travelled down from County Armagh and with the great motorway network I was door to door in less than 1 and 3/4 hours.

The hotel resort was well signposted and easy to find. I was very impressed with the setting and the beautifully maintained grounds. We were greeted with warm towels to freshen up and upgraded to a lovely superior room with a great view. I was with my 15 year old son who, like myself, is 6'2 so was delighted with the two queen sized beds in the room.

The room itself was very spacious with every everything you could need and more, great TV, DVD player, tea making facilities, iron, free water and most importantly, free WiFi! Bathroom was also very spacious with a separate shower and bath. There is a selection of DVDs in reception you can borrow - both modern and classic.

There was a well equipped gym on our floor, 3rd, and a great pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi on the floor below. We went every evening, once before dinner, 6.30 - 7pm and it was fairly busy with kids. The other two nights we went around 8pm and we practically had the place to ourselves - don't forget your pool hats!

It is a golf resort - we don't play - but there is a great walk/jog around the circumference of the grounds which was lovely. The walk does take you out onto the main road which is a shame so would need to be careful as there is no path in parts. There is free use of resort bikes which was useful.

The bar and restaurant areas are spacious with lots of different areas to sit and relax. There is a lovely seating area in reception with two real fires. I found this a great place to sit and read.
Breakfast was amazing with a great selection of hot and cold dishes and there was a chef making omelettes on request. We ate in the restaurant on one evening and the food was excellent and great value. I found all the staff very friendly and relaxed. What I liked best was that breakfast was served until 11am - during the week!

The hotel staff are great - nothing was a problem. Amy on reception was particularly helpful in recommending places to go. Edel was great also in resolving a problem in the room and Marie the front line manager personally resolved the matter to my satisfaction in a very professional manner.

With regards to cleanliness, my room was immaculate, as was the pool area and corridors. Nit picking, there were cobwebs above the curtain poles on the corridor on my floor. There was a heavy deposit of dust on the wooden sills and booths in the Brasserie which was a bit off putting as it was apparent they hadn't been dusted for quite a while. Perhaps housekeeping need to be a bit more thorough in the public areas.

I will definitely be back to this hotel - I've not seen my teenage son as happy in a hotel, and that's saying something! I have recommended this hotel to all my family and friends and look forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are lovely. The hotel is quite large and our room was quite a walk from the lift - if that's a problem, ask for a room near to the lift.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Anthony-Nugent, Guest Relations Manager at Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful review following your recent stay which was a delight to read.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and thank you for your kind comments which I have shared with all the team here. Your feedback is extremely heartening and very encouraging and has given us all a big boost. I have taken your observations on board fully and we all look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us very soon.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.

Anthony Nugent,

Reviewed February 22, 2014

The Good
The Staff were excellent - very attentive, friendly and helpful. The best was a French Waiter in the restaurant, unfortunately I didn't catch his name, but he added real flair to the place.
The location was very good , there's a 4Km walk around the golf course that surrounds the hotel, lots of birds and wild life , very enjoyable.
The rooms were quite satisfactory, not spectacular but generally in good order, well the stopper in the washbasin was faulty.
The Breakfast was very good, they had a good selection, again not spectacular but good enough.
We had a complaint about the noise from the room next door - TV going at 4am, Lady in the room was on the phone etc. She was a business person and must have been on a different time zone!!! Hardly the hotels fault and they handled our complaint Very Well.
My wife had a massage in the Spa and she thought the girl did a Very Good job!

The Not quite so good
The stopper in the washbasin - 5* hotels shouldn't have faults like this.
The hotel is low rise and sprawls a bit so the walk to the room was long enough!
While we were in the restaurant for an evening meal we saw 3 meals returned to the kitchen, that's not great, but was it because they wanted the experience to be as good as possible? Our food was OK, again not great but OK.

The real complaint, the reason I didn't give it a higher score was that the place lacked soul! No real personality, it was functional but then again so are most hotels. I would have given it a score of 3.75 The staff in all honesty went out of their way to make sure everything was not just OK but "Good". That makes up for quite a lot. If you are a golfer - you'll enjoy the course, it looked great.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Anthony-Nugent, Guest Relations Manager at Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us and for your wide-ranging feedback.

I appreciate your very positive comments regarding certain aspects of your stay and your kind feedback about my colleagues which I will be sure to share with them. Needless to say I was disappointed to read your other remarks and it is clear that did not meet our own standards for certain elements of your stay and for that I am truly sorry. We are continually striving to improve on our guest experience and the amenities and services we offer and we appreciate your feedback which I can assure you will be taken onboard fully. Rest assured I will review the points you have raised with the wider management team here at the Hotel and address them, where possible, in a timely fashion.

I am confident that should we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again you will experience our usual standard of guest care and to that end please do not hesitate to contact me personally so as I can make the necessary arrangements.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We had a two night weekend stay here and it was brilliant. From first arriving at the door we were met by a gentleman who was helpful, pleasant and genuinely warm in his demeanour. Reception was quick, efficient and very pleasant.

The bedroom was very good, spacious, modern, well decorated with excellent amenities and a great bathroom with bath and separate walk in shower. Rooms have a safe, flat screen TV and complimentary wifi.

The bar and restaurant are very good too with excel lam service standards. The food in the restaurant is great too. We dined there both nights. Also really enjoyed breakfast, all quality food in Irish breakfast.

The Spa I'm sorry to say we never used but I can guess its special, we'll check it out next time, same as the golf course. February weather was too bad! Highly recommend this hotel, one of the best and good value for money.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DannyBoyBlue

Dear Guest,

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visits to the Druids Brassiere and our 13th Bar and I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

It was our second time here and was just as enjoyable as the last. It was a Valentines day treat for both of us and as usual the desk staff were pleasant and very efficent. The freshen up towel at arrival was a nice touch. Room was spacious and clean. Dinner was perfect and table staff were very friendly. Breakfast to the room next morning was tasty, timely and well presented. All in all a lovely stay and we'll definitely be returning.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dcrinn

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the lovely review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience..

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your Valentines stay with us and I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back to Druids Glen Resort.

Anthony Nugent,

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

I booked Druids Glen as a midweek break for my parents this week. To say they were treated like royalty is an understatement. From the amazing check in staff to the personalised card & chocolates in their room to the excellent food in both the bar & restaurant, they really did have an incredible stay & are planning their return trip already!!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pstylist

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to describe your parents experience.

I welcome your kind feedback which is incredibly encouraging and greatly appreciated and I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you and your parents back to stay at Druids Glen Resort..