“lovely place”

Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort
“lovely place”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

After staying in the druid’s glen I must say reception staff was very professional and more than help full
Staff in restaurant was lovely and also very well mannered
Floor staff at bar really nice as well
Bar person very ignorant I found and not at all engaging.
Music in bar was one man show but he was very good singer and enjoyed him
The location was breath taking and next time I would love to play on their beautiful golf course.
The evening meal was nice but I would not say the best I have eaten I am glad it was part of the deal because if it was not the, prices they were charging was way over what the food was worth.
Breakfast I must say was beautiful and I enjoyed it.
my wife really enjoyed the spa
The room we stayed in was very clean as was the hotel but I think it is boarding on been a little dated
Shower was not a power shower which you would expect in a 5* resort
Over all I must say I loved the hotel but if it had a few minor little twiks and it would take to another level

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Defter
guestservicesadvisor, Guest Relations Manager at Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Defter,

Thank you for your excellent review of Druids Glen Resort. I appreciate your compliments regarding the standard of service that you received at our resort as well as the quality of our golf courses. We are in the process of a full bedroom refurbishment, a number of which are already complete.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Druids Glen very soon.

Duncan McAlpin | Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Polish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed at Druids Glen in early July with my wife and 2 x boys aged 10 &12.
Stayed on the second floor in room 215, which was fabulous.
The room was very spacious, and clean, staff installed a dvd player for the boys and let them use the dvd library.
They then found the great games room, with air hockey, table football and arcade machine all free to use, wow the boys were well impressed.
The pool is great. Staff very helpful and food excellent especially in the restaurant, although bar food is also good, but dishes even though the same were not as good as the restaurant.
Over all excell resort hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
guestservicesadvisor, Guest Relations Manager at Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear Brian C,

Thank you for posting your excellent review of Druids Glen Resort. I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. You have described many of the amenities that makes Druids Glen such an attractive destination for a family holiday. We look forward to welcoming you back to Druids Glen very soon.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Loved this hotel, it is in a beautiful area and has two golf clubs. We played in the one that is just up the road, everyone so nice. We had something to eat afterwards in the clubhouse,it was excellent. The hotel is very comfortable, bedrooms are very spacious and big bathrooms. The main restaurant is also very good, great food and excellent service. I would love to go back and highly recommend for a golf break or just a relaxing break.

Room Tip: they are all good!
Dear barbarasweetman,

Thank you for posting your excellent review of Druids Glen Resort. I am very pleased that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with us including your round of golf on the wonderful Druids Glen Golf Course. I appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Tipperary, Ireland
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Recently home after a four night stay with our three children. The hotel location is excellent for touring the beautiful Wicklow area. We had interconnecting rooms on the third floor which were perfect for the five of us. Found the reception, concierge & housekeeping staff to be superb - all queries were dealt with efficiently, & all with beaming smiles! Breakfast was excellent despite the large numbers at peak times. Our only negative was with the evening meal in the restaurant. We had two evening meals included in our package but opted not to have the second as we were so disappointed with the children's meals on the first evening. Choice was either spaghetti bolognese or chicken gougons, & both options had definitely been left sitting for far too long! Our eldest chose steak from the al la carte menu, & although this was perfectly cooked, the presentation, accompaniments, etc were just a bit too fussy for a young teenager. This type of children's buffet may be acceptable for very young children, but those eight & over will be disappointed. We would definitely return to Druid's Glen, but would eat our evening meal elsewhere.

Dear familyoffive12345,

Thank you for posting your review of Druids Glen Resort. I appreciate your compliments of our front desk and housekeeping team. I am very pleased that you received such efficient and optimistic service. Thank you also for your feedback regarding your meal in Druids Braserie. I am sorry that you were not happy with the choice of meals available on the children's buffet. We will always do our best to accommodate any culinary and dietary requests that our guests have and we would have been happy to offer a number of alternatives from our children's menu to your family. I hope to welcome you back to Druids Glen in the near future and also hope that you choose to dine with us in Druids Braserie as our kitchen team take great pride in the standard and quality of food that they produce.

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Stated at this resort over the August bank holiday weekend. Room rate was good, but food and drink at the resort were a tad expensive. This was my third visit to the resort. I felt that the standard of service had dropped since my last visit approximately 5 years ago. The five star feel was lacking. Bar food menu is basic and pricy.

As I live approximately an hour from the resort I would consider visiting again for a last minute get away.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Swordsdude,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Druids Glen Resort. I am pleased to read that you had a relaxing experience at Druids Glen but I am also disappointed that you feel hat standards have dropped at our resort. since your previous visit. We aim to continually improve our product by offering great value and exceptional levels of service. Should you wish to discuss your stay any further please feel free to contact me directly. I hope to welcome you back to Druids Glen very soon.

Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Just back from Druids Glen. Recently fractured my ankle so had to holiday at home.
Our family of two adults & two teenagers 13 & 15., stayed in an executive suite, (very affordable) for three nights.
Great space, great idea. Kids had their own television, roll out beds, & toilet plus storage. Dividing doors allowed privacy.
Dined two nights at hotel on package-three course meal. Delicious food, absolutely faultless.

Pool was spotless . There were Bicycles for use, kids said wheels bit flat but had great cycle around hotel grounds. DVD players and lots of movies to watch in the evenings, all free to use in our rooms. Putting range was a great hit with the boys. €10 for 50 or 100 golf balls, cannot remember which. We also spent a super day at Clara Lara which is short drive from here.
But what makes this hotel is the staff. Each and everyone of them could not have been kinder or more helpful, with lots of knowledge of the Wicklow areas.

I have to say we were blown away by this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
guestservicesadvisor, Guest Relations Manager at Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Rosfly,

Thank you for your excellent review of Druids Glen Resort. Wicklow has a lot to offer in terms of scenic beauty and attractions for visitors. It is refreshing to read such wonderful compliments regarding holidaying in Ireland and particularly at Druids Glen. I will pass your compliments on to the team. I hope to welcome you and your family back to Druids Glen Resort very soon.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I would say in our Ireland trip..stay at Druids Glen was one of the best...great place....nice rooms...great Golf course ...kids loved it...nice time for kids in the pool...I had a great time in Golf Course...and absolute value for money....2 days stay + golf game for about Euro 300 was absolute worth it...incl great Break Fast...

1 Thank Abhijit13
Dear Abhijit13,

Thank you for posting your wonderful review of Druids Glen Resort. I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed so many aspects of your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Druids Glen very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newtown Mount Kennedy
#1 of 1 in Macreddin Village
The Martello Hotel
Tinakilly Country House Hotel & Restaurant
The Royal Hotel and Merrill Leisure Club

Been to Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!