“Heavenly”

Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort
“Heavenly”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The arrival at our hotel set the president for the midweek break. The warm smile and kind greeting we recieced at reception was next to none. The eagerness of the staff to help us was amazing. The place was spotless comfortable and serene. The food was tantalising and our meal in the restaurant was incredible. The location is perfect for visiting lots of the beauties of Wicklow with none being more the 20 25 min drive away. The spa was an experience in itself a haven for the tired working mum to totally forget everything for a little while anyway!!! I'd highly recommend this place to everybody you won't be disappointed!! The trip was further highlighted by our engagement the staff gave us a couple of little treats that we were truly thrilled by. So thank you all for making my birthday and engagement an absolute pleasure and memorable to boot. Aisling

• Stayed May 2013
guestservicesadvisor, Guest Relations Manager at Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear AshandKav,

Thank you for your wonderful review of Druids Glen Resort. It is a pleasure to read your compliments regarding so many aspects of your stay with us. Congratulations on your engagement, we certainly hope to welcome you back to Druids Glen in the near future.

Duncan McAlpin | Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Polish first
UK
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have stayed in Druids Glens many times and each time has been better than the last!

I recently booked a team building event based in Druids Glen which involved an overnight stay, team dinner and team activities during the day - as the team was a mix of people across Europe and city slickers from different parts of Ireland, I needed help to come up with ideas & Druids Glen team came up with great ideas, liaised with the activity company and ensured everything went smoothly. We had a great day doing farm Olympics and sheep herding, and the feedback from the team was that it was the best team building event they had ever experienced from start to finish which I put down to the attention to detail of the Druids Glen team, service at the restaurant and the repartee the team had with the bar staff.

I would highly recommend Druids Glen for team events and for couple and friends get togethers - the deck is amazing in a hot summers day!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mary58,

Thank you for your excellent review of Druids Glen Resort. I am very pleased that your team building day was a success and that the farm Olympics event was well received. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the sales and events team and also to the bar and restaurant who I am sure will be thrilled with such compliments. Our deck is a beautiful location to enjoy a drink or a meal on a summer evening. We hope to welcome you back to Druids Glen very soon.

Cork
Reviewed June 25, 2013

What a super place to stay. My family just enjoyed super mid-week break. I can't say enough about the staff- nothing was too much trouble. It had all the amenities of a lovely five star hotel but none of the stuffiness!!! The food was exquisite and the concierge provided us with a superb itineary of places to visit in the locality. I will defiantly be going back and recommending it to everyone- well done to the management and team there!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jane-CCork
DearJane-CCork,

Thank you for your excellent review of Druids Glen Resort. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience with us and I will pass on your compliments to the team. We look forward to welcoming you back to Druids Glen in the near future.

Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Had a lovely lunch with a few friends in Druids Glen last Sunday... It was a beautiful day and we had drinks on the out door terrace which was great so nice to eat outside in Ireland. I had my little boy with me and the staff gave me a DVD with a childrens video which was a lovely touch.
The staff were so nice and the food was excellent they have great chunky chips.. We went for a stroll after lunch and discovered the great playground they have, will definetely be back a true find...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Edentate
Dear Edentate,

Thank you for your excellent review of Druids Glen Resort. I am delighted that you enjoyed lunch on our outdoor decking area which is one of the most beautiful locations to dine, particularly with its views over the Druids Glen Golf Course. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to our team and we look forward to welcoming you back to Druids Glen in the near future.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have been to Druids Glen a few times with my husband and 2 young children, and we love it. The staff are friendly, the food is great, there is lots to keep the children entertained. Its a little bit if luxury, in a down to earth, family friendly atmosphere. We've already booked our next stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Shauna C,

Thank you for your wonderful review of Druids Glen Resort. Your compliments are gratefully received and we look forward to your return visit to our resort.

Waterford
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We have just returned from a weekend in Druids Glen Resort. Have to say we had a great family break (children 10 and 11): staff super efficient, beautiful countryside and walks, golf courses are a picture, lovely leisure facility and great food. Liked the little extras for the children: games room, free DVD and movie library, bike rental, freshly made pancakes for breakfast and good children's menu. My daughter had a broken bone in her foot during our stay and we have to commend the staff for being so helpful and accommodating.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to my friends and family and we will definitely be returning.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Cgang,

Thank you for your wonderful review of Druids Glen Resort. I am particularly pleased that you enjoyed our facilities for children and I am glad that you found our team accommodating. I will be sure to pass on your compliments. We look forward to welcoming you back to Druids Glen in the near future.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

A group of us stayed here for a function. The location is superb and an ideal setting for weddings, balls, functions etc. The meal was superb and quite possibly one of the best I've had at a large scale dinner. The service, the food and the amazing ballroom all combined to create a great evening. We had lunch the following day in the bar which was flawless as well. What lets this resort down though is the bedrooms. We were checked in by a somewhat cold receptionist, not a problem we all have off days. The room was a trek from the main part of the hotel, not an issue though. We had booked a twin room as we were friends and the most noticeable issue was that one bed was higher than the other. Needless to say I fought for the one with the mattress topper. The rooms are dark and a little bit of a let down in comparison to the impressive public areas if the hotel. The robes had a tendency to she'd as well. However the linen was good, toiletries were very high end and the room featured water, biscuits etc. One of my favourite parts of staying in a high end hotel is turndown service and this was poor. The towels were not replaced nor the used toiletries. All little niggles but had they not occurred this hotel would be scoring a five star review. Overall a good stay, but bedrooms need to be looked at.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Jakers1989,

Thank you for posting your review of Druids Glen Resort. I am very pleased that you enjoyed the standard and quality of dining at our resort as well as the surroundings of our ballroom. We are in the process of a full refurbishment of our guest bedrooms and I appreciate your feedback regarding the turndown service and in room amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back to Druids Glen in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newtown Mount Kennedy
#1 of 1 in Macreddin Village
The Martello Hotel
Tinakilly Country House Hotel & Restaurant
Woodenbridge Hotel & Lodge

Been to Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!