Beautiful setting, staff were friendly and polite. Requested a quiet room as i'd heard that if there are weddings on there, it can be rowdy but there were no weddings on the same weekend but my request was still accommodated.
Dinner in The Strawberry Tree restaurant was lovely, it was expensive however. The food does come very quickly so we did have to ask the staff to ask the kitchen to slow the courses down but this was no problem and the staff were very accommodating. My meal was very tasty, my companions meal was also tasty barring the very dry pheasant. When asked by a waitress if the pheasant was ok, we did state that it was dry and the waitress was very accommodating and asked if we would like a different main course, we declined but did take up the offer of a different sauce. The wine was excellent (although a little expensive - €31 a bottle).
The rooms was beautiful, very quaint.. the shower on the first night did go between hot and cold though but only the once.
We had a very comfortable and relaxing sleep and the breakfast the following morning was very very nice. A mix of cereals, breads, pastries, juices, with an option of full irish / pancakes, etc... very tasty.
I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a relaxed weekend away, and is happy to stay on-location, enjoy a few glasses of wine in one of the many lobbies / sofa's / bar area's near an open fire. Would be perfect for a couple, but i don't imagine it is the kind of place that children would enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 5 Reasons you must visit BrookLodge Hotel & Macreddin Village: 1. We are a unique hotel in a unique village that offers guests an all-in-one opportunity to experience an Ireland that blends the best of old and new. Best Leinster Restaurant 2014, Culinary Hotel of the Year 2013, Hotel of the Year '09 & '10, and Business Hotel of the Year 2012. BrookLodge & Macreddin Village features an assortment of superb accommodation from classic country house style bedrooms through to state-of-the-art mezzanine suites.2. An extraordinary Organic & Wild food ethos means that Macreddin Village boasts the only certified Wild & Organic restaurant in Ireland - The Strawberry Tree. Another restaurant, a village cafe, a dining lounge, a country pub and an Organic bakery and smokehouse complete a matchless collection 3. An exceptional set of leisure facilities includes a fabulous Resort Spa, Macreddin Golf Course - designed by European Ryder Cup Captain, Paul McGinley, an equestrian centre, mapped walks and complimentary bicycles.4. Macreddin Village has a history dating back to the 5th Century, and is situated in a "Designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty", a remote Wicklow Valley, yet just an hour's drive from South Dublin. Surrounded by stunning countryside, our near neighbours include the world renowned beauty spot - Glendalough Monastic Settlement and Lakes, and The Wicklow Way - Ireland's premier mountain walking trail.5. Now is the time to avail of the lowest hotel rates in Western Europe, and visit Ireland, And nowhere offers a more rewarding and distinctive Irish experience than BrookLodge and Macreddin Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your BrookLodge & Macreddin Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brooklodge & Wells Hotel Macreddin Village
- Brooklodge And Wells Spa
- Brooklodge Hotel
- Brooklodge Wells Macreddin Village
- BrookLodge & Macreddin Village County Wicklow, Ireland