All reviews breakfast room self catering breakfast was delicious arrived quite late charming b b easy parking his wife two week trip nice pub would stay here again visiting glendalough single bed yogurt wicklow heather down the road host house
Reviewed August 8, 2009

We just returned from a holiday in Ireland. We spent all twelve days of it staying at the Tudor Lodge. The house and grounds are lovely - with pretty, and well-appointed rooms, and a yard backing the river with pretty shrubbery and a very nice fountain and BBQ area.

But the real treasure there isn't the nice bright rooms, or the convenience to the walking trails, or even the wonderful Irish breakfast every morning. It's the people. The owners and staff at the Tudor Lodge were so very friendly and helpful. We will stay there again each and every time we come to Ireland, and we hope to go back regularly. They made our stay SO pleasant. I very much look forward to getting together with them on our next trip.

If you're staying at Tudor Lodge, be sure to make time just to talk with Chris and Jane. They are really lovely folks!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2009

I'm just back from two nights in the Tudor Lodge. We arrived on Saturday, left this morning. For a B&B in a relatively small and remote area of Ireland, Tudor Lodge is an extremely impressive place to stay. The rooms are large, clean and bright, the beds were comfortable and the food was great. The hosts - especially Chris - were brilliant. Extremely helpful and friendly, nothing was too much of an imposition and he went out of his way to make sure we were okay. Every question was answered promptly, every request acted on immediately.

The gardens to the rear of the house are wonderful - make sure you see the river. Lovely for a barbecue or just a chat in the night time.

The fact you can show your room key in the local pub for a free glass of wine is a lovely touch.

All in all it was a fantastic base for our writing and creative weekend and I'm extremely glad I went. I will be back and I will be recommending Tudor Lodge.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2009

myself and a group of friends had a really good time at this beautiful setting in the mountains of clendalough, the tudor was very clean,had some very helpfull staff and the owners, Chris&Jane could not do enough for the whole group and we were a group 15, the breakfast was like a 4course meal and would keep you going for a whole day and we were always being asked would we like more, this is a great little place to stay it you wont good food,very nice people that will look after your every need and a great setting.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2009

myself and three of my friends stayed at the tudor lodge in laragh, everything was perfect, it was very clean,frendly and the food was the best, the staff could not do enought to help us, we were looked after by a little man called chris who was a very kind helpful person that would go out of his way to help us, i would recommend the tudor lodge to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 14, 2009

We anually visited Tudor Lodge Glendalough for a weekend break for the last number of years, it is a very nice house with plenty of character, with the river to the rear & a barbeque decking area it has a great setting.

Unfortunately the hospitality levels were very disappointing, im not quite sure if the house has been taken over by new owners, but it was a new couple looking after the B&B, on previous occasions we felt much better looked after, we returned to the BB on the saturday nite of our stay only to find the electricity did not work. Customers previously were allowed to sit in the sun room during the day & have a quiet drink or read a book, but the sun room was out of bounds for customers.

To finish of when we were checking out we were over charged, my Mother & Aunty booked a double room yet they were charged for a triple. I argued that i had booked a double room but the owner was having none of it.

A b&b like Tudor lodge requires to be managed properly in my opinion the current owners do not live up to the mark.

I won't be staying here again & ill make sure non of my relatives do either. But i know because of its location it will always do well, maybe now while we are in a recession, people will read reviews before they decide on where to stay.

Duff

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Duff09