“The Wicklow Heather”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Heather House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Laragh
Heather House B&B
Ranked #5 of 12 Laragh B&B and Inns
Mildura, Australia
“The Wicklow Heather”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised by the large and comfortable accomodation at this B and B. Everything was spotless and the breakfast at the nearby restaurant was splendid. Woukld recommend to anyone wanting a place to stay in this wonderdul part of Ireland.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed November 11, 2011

My bride and I were in need of lodging while visiting Glendalough. After many phone calls and driving the area, we found the Wicklow Heather. A beautiful b&b, but more like a flat(it was the same size of our 1st home in America), and had the most amazing view. We were also lucky to next to a grand restaurant which we ate our breakfast and dinner. The food was world class as was the service by the international staff. But it was the warmth of these special people that won our heart . The hospitality and care we were given as guest was most endearing. This is truly Ireland at it's best in one of the most beautiful places ever !!!
Thank you is not enough to all at Wicklow Heather.

Room Tip: the restaurant is a must and I think the local pub has live music on saturdays.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bill B
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Just back from a lovely night in Heather House / Wicklow Heather, stayed in the apartments and ate in the restaurant, my second time there and I'll keep going back

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Stroud, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Last year we stayed in the sister Trooperstown Lodge, also very good, but this year we stayed at the Heather so that we could walk to breakfast, which is in the very good restaurant of the same name and ownership which is practically next door. We were in a new room, spacious, comfortable, a little dark but with a nice sitting area outside. Odd little hiccups (heating and hot water went off accidentally - a cold week in July!) were quickly dealt with. Good to come back to after a day walking in Glendalough (on your doorstep) and further afield.

Room Tip: They are happy to show you what rooms are available when you arive.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank John D
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed August 5, 2011

When we arrived we were given a choice between a room on the b&b or a room with separate entrance.
We took the separate room which was very large, clean and cozy. The owner was very friendly and breakfast at the restaurant was very good. The location waa good, just near a supermarket and the town pub with live music.

Drawbacks of the place were the shower - water wasn't as hot as I expected in this weather, the wireless internet was not very good and the price was a bit higher than other b&bs of the same caliber.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank tbark
Shrivenham
Reviewed July 9, 2011

The Trooperstown Lodge is very welcoming and Erica the host is charming.
You dine at the Wicklow Heather nearby (they will happily drive you there so you can have a drink), it is really good.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shonsie
United Kingdom
Reviewed April 4, 2011

My Mum and I had a mixed experience at The Wicklow Heather. Firstly it was a bit unclear as to where you had to check in, so we just walked in to the restaurant. When we arrived we asked whether there was another room available. My Mum (bless her) snores terribly and I needed a break. Rather than having two rooms at single occupancy, we were offered an apartment with two rooms for the original price (£70), which we appreciated. The room itself though was a bit of a let down. From what I gather it was an old house which had been recently renovated, but the renovation was badly done. The front door didn't close properly and had gaps in it. The cupboard doors in the kitchen hung off their hinges. The digital T.V didn't work. The shower was the worst: the shower door fell off the hinges when I tried to shut it, and the temp varied very quickly between scalding hot and freezing cold. I washed my hair in the sink the following morning rather than endure that again. My Mum said the shower she'd had that morning was okay though. Having said all that, the beds were amazing. Really clean and comfortable and I had a fantastic sleep. the breakfast was one of the best of the trip (fruit salad, AMAZING!) and the food and the staff in the restaurant was brilliant. It's not a bad place, but given that we'd paid £70 to stay in some brilliant places, I would say this is a little overpriced. Not sure if I would stay again, bits of it were fantatsic, but a bad shower is the pits for me.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank Amanda A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laragh
Woodenbridge Hotel & Lodge
#4 of 12 in Laragh
Pinewood Lodge
Pinewood Lodge
#3 of 12 in Laragh

Been to Heather House B&B? Share your experiences!