“Three wonderful days in Glendalough”

The Wicklow Heather Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Laragh
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Wicklow Heather Restaurant and is idyllically situated in the picturesque village of Laragh deep in the Wicklow Mountains, only minutes from the world renowned scenic and historic Glendalough, while the hustle and bustle of Dublin City is less than an hour away.A family run business, we will go the extra mile to ensure your time with us is enjoyable, whether you are joining us for breakfast, lunch or dinner, or staying in one of our luxurious guesthousesHomely comfortable surroundings with a friendly service are the order of the day at the Wicklow Heather Restaurant. Here the knowledgeable team offer you advice on the many local walks and trails. As a guest of the Wicklow Heather you can also avail of our free shuttle service to and from local bed and breakfasts, hotels and hostel.Please browse our site to find details of our service and how the helpful team at The Wicklow Heather can make your visit to Glendalough a unique and pleasurable experience. Should you require further assistance or to make a reservation, please contact us directly.
Dublin, Ireland
“Three wonderful days in Glendalough”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We ate dinner and breakfast twice last week in the Wicklow Heather restaurant. The service is wonderful. The staff are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. Extremely hardworking and efficient, but they always have time to chat for a moment and make sure you have all you need. The menu is good home cooking, using fresh ingredients, with plenty of variety and plenty of it. We were also offered a complimentary drink after our meal each night. One of our party tried the Whiskey Tasting Menu and was very impressed. Breakfast was also really lovely and available up until 12 noon, which meant that we didn't need lunch. This is not available in very many places.
We have visited this restaurant many times and hope to visit many more. Well done everyone.

1 Thank Annette F

• Hebrew first
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Disappointing”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Myself and my family frequent Laragh quite regularly but this was our first time to visit this particular resturant. I was excited as I had read several glowing reports.

We arrived without a reservation and they were busy, a good sign I thought. They asked if we would like to wait and we said we would. We were standing waiting inside the door for roughly 10 mins. A couple arrived in behind us who had no reservation either but the hostess seemed to know them and she immediately offered them seats at the bar while they waited for their table. I felt this was very badly managed by the hostess considering we had been standing waiting for 10+ mins and they were very clearly given preference over us.

When we were eventually seated the gentleman serving our table was rude and abrupt. He barely said two words to us and 'slid' our plates along the table to us. It was just one thing after another so much so that we were convinced we were on a hidden camera show. Sadly we were not.

The food was bland. Extremely overpriced for what you could find in any pub carvery. Not at all resturant quality. We finished our mains and we quickly asked for the bill. I always tip as a rule but on this occasion I felt I had given them enough of my money already.

We will not be returning and will advise anyone who enquires the same.

1 Thank MissStapleton
London, England, United Kingdom
“Disappointing and overpriced”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Had dinner here on New Year's Day and was disappointed after reading such glowing reviews on Tripadvisor. I had French onion soup for starter, which was OK but a bit tasteless. The pasta and mushrooms I had for main was average but at €15 I felt it was over-priced. My partner ordered dessert of ice-cream which had ice crystals in it and wasn't good.
On the plus side, the service was friendly if a little slow. The restaurant itself had a nice ambiance.

1 Thank NdB23
Ventry, Ireland
“Wonderful place”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I had never eaten here before today. We stooped a light lunch soup/sandwiches and drinks. The prices are reasonable, food was superb using the best ingredients. There is a lovely ambience and the staff are first rate. I will definitely return for a more substantial meal

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank soonas
Wicklow, Ireland
“My favorite place in Wicklow”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Wicklow Heather is one of my favorite places it is excellent, staff very friendly . The owner is always present & makes you most welcome, she has the greatest gift of all always remembers you on your next visit!! One needs to ring to book because they are always full, that speaks volumes for it's self in these difficult times.

Visited November 2012