“Consistently excellent.”

Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Greystones
Cuisines: Indian, Nepali
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Confident and creative updates of classical Indian dishes served in stylishly laid back dining room in Greystones-the heart and gourmet capital of Co.Wicklow
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I've gone back to Jaipur countless times over the last few years because it is consistently excellent. The menu has some standard Indian restaurant fare, but many dishes are interesting regional variations. Service is always attentive and helpful. It's a large restaurant but has a cosy feel.

1  Thank Douglas R

Reviewed January 19, 2013

My initial visit to Chakra was disappointing as it had not long opened and the service was very slow although the food was enjoyable.

It was recently recommended by some close friends who told me that they go there regularly and always enjoy the food and atmosphere.

I booked a table for two for a Sunday evening and boy what a difference from our first visit.

Although the restaurant was reasonably busy the service was very fast, friendly and attentive. The food was very well presented and extremely tasty. The starter of scallops was cooked to perfection and my wifes Wicklow salad was very well received. Main courses of chicken jalfresi and an extra hot vindaloo were cooked exactly as requested with the meat being tender but not overcooked.
The bill was reasonable and the house wines are good value. I will go back soon.

Ideal for family outings and couples.

1  Thank John A
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Chakra is such a treat! I love going there. Everything about this restaurant is just perfect, the ambience, good, service, free parking. It is out of this world...and that is not an exaggeration. If you are around Greystones don't miss it!

1  Thank northernstar9
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Booked our table at Chakra for 3.30pm on Christmas Eve. It has become a tradition but I still feel I need to write this review. The staff are impeccable, so efficient and friendly, each time we come back to Chakra we feel we are coming back to old friends....The food as usual was stunning! Starters of Sea Bass and Wicklow Salad's were delicious, main course's of Chicken stuffed with smoked Pistachio in a sandalwood korma, slow cooked Chicken thighs with rose petal extract and Lamb Chops cooked to perfection...to say we found it difficult to get up from the table is an understatement! It was the perfect start to our Christmas Holiday and yes I am already thinking about next Christmas Eve!! Ho Ho Ho!!

2  Thank Avril P
Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

Chakra staff are excellent attending to everything in a careful, unobtrusive manner. Five ladies enjoyed a great Early Bird meal with wine for €35 a head. Two of us sampled the lamb kebab starter which was quite spicy and served with three dips/ sauces. Two had fish cakes which were excellent and the fifth tried chicken supreme which the reviewer didn't sample. Main courses included prawn, lamb and chicken and I tried Tilapia fish dish which was really tasty. Rice and naan sides were served too. Great dishes, cool water jugs and a view out to the Christmas lights all added to our evening! I wanted to try all the desserts which sounded exotic but only two of us ordered them. The chocolate mousse was in an orange chocolate cylinder with orange sorbet - fantastic!
Can't wait to return!