Ways to Experience Vagabond Tours
from $2,153.38
from $1,632.93
from $3,253.07
More Info
All reviews small group off the beaten path day tour ireland tour vagabond tour wild irish rover blarney castle irish tour horseback riding anyone who wants driver guide amazing tour small tour southern ireland beautiful country would highly recommend this tour killarney national park
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I signed up for this tour with my 11 year old son. We had a blast! Hiking, biking, rowing you name it! This tour did not disappoint, in fact I can’t recommend it enough.
Rural, out of the way Ireland is STUNNING.This is the only way to see it! Our whole group was fun loving and by the end we did not want to see the usual tourist traps, in fact we all told our guide to take us back!
As for our guide, Edwina, well she was fantastic. Little spit fire of energy, knowledge and wit. We will not forget “Ed the red”
Trip of a lifetime!!If you want to get out explore, be active and see the real Ireland, do not hesitate at booking.

Ally

vagaboss, Owner at Vagabond Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hello Ally, so glad to hear you and your son enjoyed our trip. We love going off the beaten path, its more fund to discover the hidden secrets of Ireland....Ed is amazing and full of positive, wonderful energy. Kind regards, Rob Rankin, Owner.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My brother, sister and I (all in our 30's) went with our 60-something year old mother and we all had an amazing time. The activities were suitable for older folks but weren't boring or slow for younger people.

Our guide, Henry, was funny, smart and clearly new a LOT about the history, natural beauty and people of Ireland. The company owner, Rob, actually led the last day or so of our tour and he was great too- really accommodating, funny and he knew everything there is to know about Ireland's history (he must've been a history professor in another life, but like, a fun one).

My family and I all over-packed and were shlepping around the "SUVs of suitcases" as Henry referred to them. I'd recommend bringing comfortable, outdoor-friendly clothes, layers, waterproof shoes and jacket, one or two nicer outfits for dinners out or with the group. I know several people on our tour did laundry at hotels along the way, which I wish I'd thought of beforehand.

We were all very satisified with our experience and felt that the Vagabond team went above and beyond to ensure that everyone got to do and see what they wanted. I'd definitely use them again and recommend to friends looking to get a really good taste of Ireland without the difficulty and stress of planning out every detail themselves.

Date of experience: August 2019
vagaboss, Owner at Vagabond Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hello Rachel S, thank you for your 5* review, I think we all over pack...its nice to have options but then again smart packing really does make sense, great advice there. Thank you for the kind words, I do know a bit about history alright and very glad to hear I can make it amusing! Rob Rankin, Owner.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

WONDERFUL tour. The small group is the way to go. The coach was comfortable, the guide terrific, and the accommodations were excellent. We had days that were packed full with castles, ruins, sheep dogs, etc, but the schedule allowed for time on our own. I can’t say enough good things about our guide, Michael. His knowledge of the various localities was great, plus his encyclopedic knowledge of the history made the trip very interesting. His great sense of humor, storytelling ability and good singing voice were a real plus. My only “complaint” is that the tour didn’t last a couple of more days. I highly recommend this company and this tour. I do suggest that you take a counterclockwise route which starts in Northern Ireland and then into the Republic.

1  Thank nancyinn
vagaboss, Owner at Vagabond Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello nancyinn, thank you for your review of our 11 Day Driftwood Tour, sounds like you did it all and enjoyed it. Micheal is all that you have said and more! We have the best guides. Small group tours are the way to go for sure...let us do all the work. Rob Rankin, Owner.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

When planning our trip to Ireland I wanted a small tour. The great reviews of Vagabond are all 100% accurate. I went with my sister and was not into bus rides. Wild Rover is full of hiking, playing ball on Inch Beach, and sooo much great food! Vagabond took what I wanted to do and did it! You will not be disappointed. I would suggest they start tour companies in other countries with our guide Kim leading the way!

Date of experience: September 2019
vagaboss, Manager at Vagabond Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello Nikkidem67, we love Ireland so much we haven't ventured elsewhere as yet....Great to hear you enjoyed our Vagabond adventure tour with all the fun outdoor activities along the way. Rob Rankin, Owner.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Driftwood tour is meant for moderate activity as one sees the backroads and byways of Ireland in a 16 person bus/van visiting small villages as well as the usual tourist sites but the main focus is on travelers not tourists as one learns the history and culture of Ireland as one travels. Our driver/Guide Mark Doherty was perhaps the best we have ever had on a trip we have taken. Well versed in the history of Ireland and likely to tell a story about Irish music and then burst out in song, you should not miss one of his tours. Mark took the group to places off the regular schedule and advised well on places to eat and visit. One of the best tours we have ever taken.

1  Thank bolla1

Hello bolla1, thank you so much for your lovely review, great to hear that our tours are rated so highly by you. Mark is a wonderful guide, his knowledge is outstanding. Great to hear you enjoyed all the sights and sounds of Ireland. Regards, Rob Rankin, Owner.