“tiny single room”
Review of Slievemore House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greystones
Slievemore House
Ranked #2 of 3 Greystones B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I recently stayed at this b and b. it was late and I got the last room. it was a tiny single not ensuite.the bathroom was down a number of steps and was also tiny. The room was a tiny box room I have seen bigger box rooms. it was very difficult to watch the television which was mounted on the wall as the chair was a short distance under it. The breakfast was nicely cooked but sparse comprising of one sausage a rasher a tomato an egg and a black and white pudding which were no bigger than a two euro coin. It was a typical pack them in b and b. the downstairs reception rooms has been converted into bedrooms. when I stayed there were twelve other guests ,all the other rooms are ensuite. there was no lounge for guests. The rate was 45 euros, 35 would have been more than enough for this tiny room. It was also very noisy. I was woken by germans next door and the downstairs door was banged a lot. I would imagine that it would be difficult to sleep in the downstairs bedrooms.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank ballyheagirl

Reviewed June 3, 2013

The place had a homely feel to it and the landlady was very accommodating, in particular to our request for early breakfasts. Great location overlooking the harbour and the scenic hills beyond, but near enough to walk into the town centre, where we found a fabulous selection of restaurants. The room was spacious, light, airy and adequately equipped. We found the room cleaned and supplied with fresh towels every day. All in all, very comfortable and pleasant for a weekend break.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The cleanest B&B ive ever stayed in, pleasant room with a fab view of the harbour.
Decent pub with good food within a minute's walk.
Plenty tea sugar and milk to make a drink in the room.
Variety at breakfast juices tea coffee, choice of cereals, fry up with plenty of toast or brown bread.
Would definately stay again and would recommend it. Very nice pleasnt lady owner left us wanting for nothing.
Beds comfy plenty of pillows and covers, even electric blankets for cold bloods :-).
If you dont pack very well you only have to ask and you get the loan of an iron and board, didnt need it but good to know its there if you do.
Lovely walks right outside the door, town just 5-8 mins up the road local dart station and dublin airbus every hour 24/7.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank redmo43
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

This is a pleasant little b&b, run by the sweetest lady, the Irish nana you never had (unless of course you are Irish)...

The rooms are big airy and clean (they could do with a lick of paint, but did not bother me too much). Anywhere that gives you a sheet, duvet, coverlet and electric blanket (i am a freeze A) gets my vote on going the extra mile!

There was no dirt to be found anywhere in this b&b!

The bed was comfortable, could have been a bit firmer for me but a good nights sleep was had.

Breakfast was the works, grapefruit or orange juice, a range of cereals and an Irish fry up, i was not hungry! They had run out of decaf coffee but no big deal i always have my own with me.

If you like a walk there is a nice little trail out of the b&b across the road to your left and behind the cafe!

I will be going back to see where it takes me.

Thank you for a lovely stay!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank teezme
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We enjoyed a weekend break here, whilst visiting relatives. As previously stated, rooms were warm and clean (The heating came on at 5pm). Ours was spacious and faced the harbour, which is no longer boarded up! The hostess had also put an electric blanket on the bed.
Our breakfast was plentiful: cereals - weetabix, muesli, cornflakes or bran flakes (she called them "starters") full Irish breakfast and toast, plus good coffee/tea. We were offered more toast/tea/coffee if we wanted.
There were sky channels on the flat screen TV.
The house is about a 10 minute walk from the "Dart" station and there are plenty of shops/cafes in the town itself. It is also pleasant to walk along the "front" by the sea.
It did take me a while to get a confirmed reservation. I e mailed and got an immediate reply to tell me of the cost of a room, but had some problems when I tried to get a confirmation of a booking.
Our main complaint however would be that there were no coffee/tea facilities in the room, which after a long journey/day out would have been ideal. If we come again, we will bring our own....I mention this as I thought others may want to do the same!

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room overlooking the harbour.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank traveller2148
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We booked two rooms for my two kids and My Wife and I for a night away break. The views from the front rooms are stunning and it was lovely to see all the sailing and fishing activity happening in the newly developed harbor. The rooms were very clean and both had SKY HD with modern flat screen TV's. It was very cold outside and the rooms were toasty warm when we returned from walks and a meal in Greystones. The breakfast was very nice but was from 8.00 - 9.00 which seems a bit early for a Sunday morning after a few pints the night before. All in all a very nice experience.

Room Tip: Get a front room upstairs for the views.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Larry O
Reviewed September 16, 2011

The location and food were second to none. Also, the place was very well kept, with the exception of some dodgy artwork on the walls (done by a local artist)......The warm and welcoming ambiance of the place won me over, and the Host and Hostess could'nt do enough for me......nothing was too much. Highly recommended

Room Tip: Ask the Hostess
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank T C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greystones
Glenview Hotel
#5 of 7 in Bray
Parkview Hotel
Parkview Hotel
#2 of 2 in Newtown Mount Kennedy

Been to Slievemore House? Share your experiences!