“Wicked weekend in Wicklow”
Review of Slievemore House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greystones
Slievemore House
Ranked #3 of 3 Greystones B&B and Inns
Stevenage, United Kingdom
“Wicked weekend in Wicklow”
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

This is a pleasant little b&b, run by the sweetest lady, the Irish nana you never had (unless of course you are Irish)...

The rooms are big airy and clean (they could do with a lick of paint, but did not bother me too much). Anywhere that gives you a sheet, duvet, coverlet and electric blanket (i am a freeze A) gets my vote on going the extra mile!

There was no dirt to be found anywhere in this b&b!

The bed was comfortable, could have been a bit firmer for me but a good nights sleep was had.

Breakfast was the works, grapefruit or orange juice, a range of cereals and an Irish fry up, i was not hungry! They had run out of decaf coffee but no big deal i always have my own with me.

If you like a walk there is a nice little trail out of the b&b across the road to your left and behind the cafe!

I will be going back to see where it takes me.

Thank you for a lovely stay!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank teezme

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
West Midlands
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We enjoyed a weekend break here, whilst visiting relatives. As previously stated, rooms were warm and clean (The heating came on at 5pm). Ours was spacious and faced the harbour, which is no longer boarded up! The hostess had also put an electric blanket on the bed.
Our breakfast was plentiful: cereals - weetabix, muesli, cornflakes or bran flakes (she called them "starters") full Irish breakfast and toast, plus good coffee/tea. We were offered more toast/tea/coffee if we wanted.
There were sky channels on the flat screen TV.
The house is about a 10 minute walk from the "Dart" station and there are plenty of shops/cafes in the town itself. It is also pleasant to walk along the "front" by the sea.
It did take me a while to get a confirmed reservation. I e mailed and got an immediate reply to tell me of the cost of a room, but had some problems when I tried to get a confirmation of a booking.
Our main complaint however would be that there were no coffee/tea facilities in the room, which after a long journey/day out would have been ideal. If we come again, we will bring our own....I mention this as I thought others may want to do the same!

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room overlooking the harbour.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank traveller2148
Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We booked two rooms for my two kids and My Wife and I for a night away break. The views from the front rooms are stunning and it was lovely to see all the sailing and fishing activity happening in the newly developed harbor. The rooms were very clean and both had SKY HD with modern flat screen TV's. It was very cold outside and the rooms were toasty warm when we returned from walks and a meal in Greystones. The breakfast was very nice but was from 8.00 - 9.00 which seems a bit early for a Sunday morning after a few pints the night before. All in all a very nice experience.

Room Tip: Get a front room upstairs for the views.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Larry O
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 16, 2011

The location and food were second to none. Also, the place was very well kept, with the exception of some dodgy artwork on the walls (done by a local artist)......The warm and welcoming ambiance of the place won me over, and the Host and Hostess could'nt do enough for me......nothing was too much. Highly recommended

Room Tip: Ask the Hostess
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank T C
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 2, 2011

We stayed in Slievemore house during the summer. The house was so comfortable and welcoming. The rooms were spacious and extremely clean. The breakfast was so tasty. I would definitely stay there again

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Joanne F
London
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Let’s be frank. There are few places to stay in Greystones. The town itself is small, but lovely, and at the end of the line for the DART.

The B&B is located a leisurely 10mins walk from the DART station on the harbour front. The harbour is currently boarded up – they ran out of money to finish it which isn’t the best thing to be looking out of your window at, and understandably local businesses are up in arms about the situation.

That said, the view from my room was fine and I wasn’t put off by the hoardings too much. My room was a single, it was clean and tidy and I had no issues with it at all. I had a good night’s sleep and heard no noise at all from the nearby pub or people leaving it.

The room was not en suite, which I understood and was happy with on booking the room. The bathroom at the end of the hall was very cramped though. When taking a shower the curtain was literally clinging to me because there was so little room in there. It didn’t bother me too much but I imagine that it might others.

The lady of the house was lovely and very helpful. The breakfast room was bright and airy and looked out over a picturesque garden. The breakfast itself was a little bit disappointing given the build up it had been given on arrival.

So, general consensus is that you have very little option for places to stay if you’re planning a trip to Greystones, but this B&B does the job well. Could be better, but could be a lot worse. Would I recommend it? Yes I would, but perhaps pay a bit extra for an en suite room.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Malvinos
Cumbria, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2010

We just spent several nights at Slievemore. We enjoyed our stay in Greystones - easy access to Dublin by DART rail; easy access to great countryside (Powerscourt and Glendalough, for example); and some good local restaurants and shops. Slievemore is right on the harbour and when the vast alterations to the harbour are completed it will be in an excellent location. But this may not be until summer 2011 looking at current progress. At present the view is spoilt by perimeter fences and building works. We did not find this a problem - a bit noisy in the morning from 7.00 when work started (but we easily slept through!) and the view was not as it might be (but see photos). The accommodation is fine. Small en suite bathroom. The place is a bit cluttered and old fashioned in its decor and furniture, but all OK. Breakfast is OK but not wonderful - the same every day and not fantastic, but fine if you are there for a day or two. No drinks facilities in house or rooms.
We were very frustrated that the owner was not around when we arrived after 12 hours travelling, despite making the arrangement (we thought) when we booked. No reply from the mobile phone number on the door or text or message to let us know they would not be around. We had a stressed 45 minutes wondering if the places was in fact closed. Happy to recommend and Greystones is a good place as a base. But just not quite as great an experience as we had hoped. Hence three stars overall and not four.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CupCaketheBold
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greystones
Glenview Hotel
The Martello Hotel
Royal Marine Hotel
Royal Marine Hotel
#1 of 5 in Dun Laoghaire

Been to Slievemore House? Share your experiences!