At best this is an ok B&B. I tour Ireland virtually every year and have stayed at numerous B&Bs, this was one of the worst by Irish standards.
Price 59 euros each plus 15 euros for the breakfast.
Room - average to small - Website photos are the two big front rooms.
Breakfast by Irish standards poor, by anybodys standards average.
Evening dinner was 34 euros and average to poor. For a cooking school I expected so much more.
Further to an earlier comment we had Irelands greatest local music album playing.
Location nice - suited us we were in a car.
Host attentive and friendly, remember this is a family place beside a working farm.
Don't let the website fool you, I would not stay here again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ballyknocken House & Cookery School is scenically located on a 350 acre farm only a short drive from Dublin City Centre in County Wicklow, Ireland This charming four-star Victorian farmhouse boasts seven beautifully appointed rooms, all with period features in a picturesque setting on extensive grounds. This family-run operation has many amenities to offer both on-site and in the surrounding area and is home to award-winning Food Writer & TV Chef, Catherine Fulvio.Set up by Catherine’s mum, Mary, Ballyknocken house offers short and weekly walking packages, taking in the lovely Carrick forest and Mountain, just behind Ballyknocken and of course, the magnificent Wicklow Way Ballyknocken House prides itself on using the finest and freshest local produce. Ballyknocken House is the perfect getaway – whether for a romantic retreat, family vacation or foodie adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ballyknocken House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballyknocken House Hotel Glenealy
- Ballyknocken House Ireland/Glenealy