Well what an amazing place to stay,beautiful surroundings,beautiful food,beautiful staff and beautiful house, very different from anything I have ever experienced.We were a party of 13 and nothing was a problem, they even put us in (grandma's) old kitchen and put a spread on to die for surrounded by the old features including the beautiful fireplace which was the original hub of the house. Food was first class with a touch of Ballyknocken class. If anyone is thinking of going my advise would be THINK no more just book it, I have no negatives at all to say about Ballyknocken House, so If you want something different this is it..
I would like to say a big thank you to all the staff (Amy) who was fantastic from the first booking date in July right through to October 19th Patty for the lovely welcome Sarah for the amazing service and unfortunately I can't remember the other two girls names:-( But most of all to Catherine for taking time to pop in and wish me a happy birthday and then presented me with her lovely book "The weekend Chef" signed with a birthday wish in it, that to me was so nice considering she had the launch of her new book the next morning.. (much appreciated Catherine) Now I have a thorn in my side as we never left a tip for the girls, please forgive us but we have decided we will be back and we will look after that matter... Thank you for the best birthday ever.. Ballyknocken nobody will come near what you have there.. Thank you again..
Rebecca Bell and her family all 13 of us..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ballyknocken House & Cookery School is scenically located on a 350 acre farm only a short drive from Dublin City Centre in County Wicklow, Ireland This charming four-star Victorian farmhouse boasts seven beautifully appointed rooms, all with period features in a picturesque setting on extensive grounds. This family-run operation has many amenities to offer both on-site and in the surrounding area and is home to award-winning Food Writer & TV Chef, Catherine Fulvio.Set up by Catherine’s mum, Mary, Ballyknocken house offers short and weekly walking packages, taking in the lovely Carrick forest and Mountain, just behind Ballyknocken and of course, the magnificent Wicklow Way Ballyknocken House prides itself on using the finest and freshest local produce. Ballyknocken House is the perfect getaway – whether for a romantic retreat, family vacation or foodie adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ballyknocken House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballyknocken House Hotel Glenealy
- Ballyknocken House Ireland/Glenealy