“Glendalough Guided Walks”

Glendalough Guided Walks
More attraction details
Owner description: Hi, I'm Martin Swords, and my Glendalough Guided Walks offers you an interesting guided walk 'n talk for about two hours through the beautiful Glendalough Monastic City and the Valley of the Two Lakes, fascinating, humorous, not too strenuous, no hills to climb,and a nice cuppa' at the Glendalough Hotel to finish
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Martin Swords is an excellent speaker and tour guide. His knowledge of the area and its history and nature is unsurpassed. He vast knowledge of Irish history combined with his sense of humor provided one of the major highlights of our trip. He invested twice as much time for which he was hired. He is truly personal yet professorial in his delivery. He has subsequently given me more reference materials at my request. A sheer delight.

All reviews
"saint"
"rain"
"waterfall"

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We have been to Ireland several times, but had never been to Glendalough. It was our first day, just arrived and my husband and I had his 82 year old mother with us. After a short nap in the Tudor Lodge in Laragh, we met Martin for a walk around the Monastic settlement and the lakes. It was a wonderful start to our holiday. We loved the stories of St. Kevin and the lakes, and how they were told. He was very accommodating to us--taking a shorter route back when it began to grow late. It was a very enjoyable afternoon learning not only about the area, but about Irish history and culture in general. Well worth it!!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I've been to Glendalough twice now, and although there have always been a lot of tourists, both the valley and monastic settlement are completely worth the trip. This last visit was made even more meaningful because we hired Martin Swords for a tour and ramble around the valley. Martin is not only engaging and knowledgeable about the area, but he also knows so much about Ireland that he made all the details of the valley relate to the bigger context of Irish history. The best thing we did during the whole 8 day trip. Martin's website is: http://glendaloughguidedwalks.com/

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Martin Swords knows his stuff and he knows how to tell a story. I spent an enjoyable two hours listening to him tell the story of St. Kevin and Glendalough. It helped that we had a great day. Glendalough is beautiful, breath takingly beautiful when the sun is shining. I do tours of my home town of Flin Flon, Manitoba and I like to think i make my stories entertaining and informative. I appreciate that the same kind of mindset is behind Martin's tour.

1  Thank Gerry090746