Glenview Hotel
Parkview Hotel(Newtown Mount Kennedy)(Great Value!)
$67
$64
Very Good 4/5
Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort(Newtown Mount Kennedy)
$198
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
1,106 results
All reviewsleisure centreconservatory barexecutive roomwoodland walklovely hotelthe outdoor hot tubkids clubbit datedmain restaurantrelaxing stayfamily roomshort breaksaturday nightbeautiful locationwaiting stafflast weekendfood was lovely
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 27, 2014

I can keep this one short and sweet. Just when I had given up on eating out in Ireland.. We stumbled into the Glenview Hotel. Our room wasn't anything special, in fact the bathroom was tiny for a family of four but that's where I will stop moaning. The food in both restaurants was to die for, the portions are huge and the price is reasonable. Home cooked chips means just that. The childrens' menu catered for all tastes and for once my kids were not stuck with chicken nuggets and chips. The upstairs restaurant has a fantastic view of the glen of the downs which is matched by fantastic plate licking food. The leisure centre was extremely family friendly and the water was so warm that it was hard to get out. Finally the staff were friendly and courteous and so made our stay a memorable one. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: If you can bag a room upstairs looking out over the glen of the downs the view is amazing
2  Thank Smurfet24
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your excellent review. We are delighted you and the family enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with us including your meal experiences and our leisure facilities.

I have passed your kind comments to the team. They are indeed a wonderful asset to the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Glenview in the near future.

Reviewed August 27, 2014

Stayed 1 night in the very busy hotel recently. We were very luck as we got a room on a corner and on examining the fire plan it seemed that our room was double the size of all the other rooms on our floor. The room was spotless and the bathroom dito,One complaint would be the the T.V. channels were mixed up on the remote control and not the same as advertised on the hotel booklet.
The pool was not crowded and was clean as was the sauna and steam room but the dressing room was worn out and a lot of the locked locks did not work.
We were asked if we wanted to book for dinner on arrival but decided that we would have a light supper in the bar instead, so at about 7pm we entered the bar to do same and were quiet surprised where we were asked had we booked a table. The attitude then was one of if you wait a few minutes I;ll see what I can do for you which to us would be understandable in the restaurant but not in the bar. We decided not to wait and went to the nearby town of Greystones to eat. However, I did look at the menu before leaving the hotel and noted that a burger with trimmings and chips was 16.50 euro, That's expensive. I also noted that in Greystones a pint of larger was 5.20 euros, I said to the bar man that I felt the price was excessive and his answer was ''well your in the big smoke now''. I didn't know Dublin extended that far into Wicklow, thanks for the geography lesson.
Breakfast in the hotel was excellent, plenty of choice, plenty of helpful staff, but 1 warning, if you don't want to q for a table be there before 10am and in fairness to the hotel there are plenty of warnings about this in the hotel. I did like the overflow room where families with young kids mostly had their breakfast.
The view from the restaurant is stunning, but, again the noise from the very busy N11 road is a distraction.
On business in that part of Ireland I would have no problem using this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very valuable feedback. We are very pleased to read you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with us.

I am sorry to hear you were asked to wait for a table in our Conservatory Bistro. Due to the popularity of our Bistro and Woodlands fine dining restaurant, to avoid disappointment, we would always recommend reserving a table for dinner.

I have passed on your comments regarding the TV channels and the lockers in the changing rooms in the Leisure Centre to the relevant departments for action. Thank you for bringing these matters to my attention.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Glenview hotel in the future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed August 26, 2014

Have stayed here a few times but our most recent visit was the best yet. (17th to 19th August) I rang the hotel when booking as was unable to book a family room on the internet. Reservations were really helpful and offered us a large double room, with a single fold up bed for our 3 year old and a travel cot for our 11 month old. I was delighted with the room (room 200) as the kids had plenty of space to play with their toys and crawl around! Views were gorgeous. Reception staff friendly, helpful and efficient. Our 2 night package included dinner on one evening in the bar (conservatory bistro). It was lovely, good choice of menu. Got activity set with colours for the 3 year old which kept him occupied. Staff working in the bar are excellent. They are what really set this visit apart. Was so impressed we ended up eating there again the next night. Leisure centre and breakfast good too. Really handy location. We ended up going to glendalough the first day and walking from bray towards grey stones the next day. We used the pool the 3 days. I rarely fill in comment cards but filled one in here as was really impressed by the staff - in all areas of the hotel, they are so helpful, efficient, friendly and you sense they are really doing their best to ensure you have a good time. I was most impressed with the staff in the conservatory bar and bistro - keep up the good work.

1  Thank TGDub

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are so pleased to read you and your family had another very enjoyable stay with us. Your continued custom is greatly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you all back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

My wife and I got married in the Glenview. The wedding was great and the staff were more than helpful. We stayed in the penthouse, which was lovely. The garden outside is lovely for drinks. A lovely relaxing hotel with great views.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear P S,

Congratulations on the occasion of your recent wedding at the Glenview Hotel. We are so pleased to hear everything went so well for you.

We would like to wish you both a long and happy future together and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Glenview Hotel soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 23, 2014

Took our 90 year old father out to lunch here. Very kind and helpful staff seated us and were very attentive. Food lovely, prices reasonable. The lounge is very relaxing afterwards. The views are fabulous, and parking easy, as is disabled access.

Room Tip: didn't stay, but would like to.
1  Thank SouthWalesTeapot
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent visit to the Glenview Hotel. I am delighted to read you all had a very enjoyable meal experience. I will be sure to pass your kind compliments to the team. They will be so pleased.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Glenview Hotel soon.