“SOOOO Relaxing, Great Hotel.”
Review of Glenview Hotel

Glenview Hotel
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stayed at the Glenview last weekend 18/1/14 for a bit of "me" time, from the minute I walked in to the moment I walked out of the hotel, I loved it. First at reception, Sanita, couldn't have been more helpful, I had carvery lunch in the bar, service and food was excellent, my room had a lovely view (glen view).
I had a massage at the Haven from Syliva that was second to none, she really knows what she's doing. After my massage I decided to relax in The Malton Lounge and read the paper by the fire, what a beautiful relaxing room, when I decided to have a beer, I didn't have to move a duty manager served me. Dinner, I opted for the bar and I have to say on the recommendation of the bright a bubbly barman I had the Tandoori chicken, served on nan bread with mango chutney, it was to die for. Music in the bar drew in a crowd and put the finishing touches to a very relaxing day. The next day, breakfast in the restaurant was excellent also made even better by the exceptional view, a swim, a sauna and a walk through their "woodland Walk" brought my stay, sadly to a close. Everything was perfect, I can't wait to return. Thank you to all the staff.

Room Tip: Room to the front of the hotel
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank Ellen L
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Ellen,

Many thanks for your excellent review of your recent visit to the Glenview Hotel. I am delighted to read you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with us. I have passed on your compliments to all staff concerned. They are thrilled with the special mention.

We all look forward to welcoming you back for some more “Me” time soon. You deserve it!!

There are newer reviews for Glenview Hotel

Reviewed January 19, 2014

My husband and i stayed here for two nights last wekend.As it was a treat for my birthday, we booked the penthouse suite.We were more than impressed with everything.Not only did we have our own sitting room with huge fireplace and gas fire, but we had a separate dining room too.The en suite bathroom had twin sinks, large shower and a jacuzzi bath.There were two separate a/c controls so you could have the temperature exactly as you wanted in the different areas of the suite. We ate in the bar on the Friday night and in the restaurant on the Saturday night. Both were very good. The grounds are lovely to stroll around or you can go further if you like walking. It was a very cold weekend but every part of the hotel was warm and cosy. We will definitely be returning, highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: highly recommend the penthouse, views fabulous!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank magsbyrne
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review. We were so pleased to read that you were very impressed by everything and that you found your accommodation to be spacious & comfortable. We are also glad to hear that you had a very enjoyable dining experience in our Conservatory Bar and also in our Woodlands Restaurant.

We really appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to the Glenview Hotel in the future

Kind regards

Reviewed January 13, 2014

stayed here with friends last weekend, we were disappointed with the service even though it was not busy,we found staff did not interact with customers,(apart from one young man on saturday evening shift ) we were left waiting at bar while staff carried out menial tasks ,we also asked would it be possible to watch Sky Sports on one of the tv's in the bar and were told that the hotel did not have the facility to show two seperate tv channels at one time, also tables were not being cleared efficiently which was even more evident at breakfast where a queue formed because of this.Sabine seemed to be handling and resolving all of the issues alone. Stunning location, great food, rooms spotless , but needs more efficiency!..... , the resident cat was a big hit!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank patrick m

Dear Guest,

I was so disappointed to read your comment on the service. We get many compliments regarding the team so I can assure you this is not our usual standard. I would like to sincerely apologise for the fall down in service you received.

I am delighted to hear you were very happy with the food and your accommodation. I really appreciate your feedback. All comments good or bad help us to improve our service to our customers. Please contact me on the details below if you wish to discuss any aspects of your stay further.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Glenview Hotel in the future.

Tel: 00 353 1 2783399

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Stayed there with the family, we had a great time, the pool was warm & clean
the whole hotel was very clean and bright.
The breakfast was 10/10 hot and tasty
after breakfast we took a walk at the front of hotel ... great time with little bridges etc ... well worth the walk !!
The only comment is that.... the hallway from the main hotel to the pool it cold and there's a stairway which is 40 - 60 foot high bring warm clothes for after the pool as the kids would freezing and a no no for pushchairs ...
Also ask for a room at the front of the hotel ( great view) this didn't worry us, as we were there less than 24 hours !!

Room Tip: book a room for the front of the hotel - to see the view of the glen !!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank shaugj
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with us.

I am delighted to hear you had the opportunity to avail of our leisure facilities and also took an enjoyable walk around our gardens. I have noted your comment regarding the heating on the stairway to the pool. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. In relation to your comment regarding access to the Leisure Centre. Please note there is a slope at the main entrance to the Leisure Centre for our guests with pushchairs.

Many thanks again for your very helpful feedback. We look forward to welcoming you all back to the Glenview Hotel soon.

Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Had lovely over night stay with my husband this week
Facilities very good
Room was very clean and comfortable
We ate in bar as restaurant was not open
This was a very pleasant experience ,enda was very helpful , lovely food & wine
Breakfast was excellent , Sabine was very pleasant
Hope to return.

• Stayed: January 2014
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very nice review of your recent visit to the Glenview Hotel. I have passed your kind comments to Sabine and Enda. They are both thrilled with the special mention.

We all look forward to welcoming you and your husband to the Glenview again soon.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Rooms are a little tired,?paint work chipped in bathroom. Food for dinner was good for the wedding. Breakfast average. If you had a room with a view it would be great. Drink prices a little expensive. Canapés and champagne on arrival for wedding we're lovely, and nice and warm in room

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank MeathCo_Meath
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear Guest,

I appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay in the Glenview Hotel. I am happy to read that you enjoyed the Canapes, Champagne and Food at the Wedding. I will pass on your compliments to the Chef.

All comments whether good or bad help us improve our service to our guests.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Glenview Hotel in the future.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

we stayed with a party of nine, four adults and five children, and we really enjoyed our stay, the pool area was lovely and clean, food good, rooms clean but the nicest part was how welcome we were made by barman/waiter eamonn the hotel is lucky to have such a nice member of staff, and he was so kind to the children thanks eamonn

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for posting a review on your recent visit to the Glenview Hotel.

We were delighted to read you and your party had a very enjoyable stay with us. I have passed on your kind comment to Eamon. He is thrilled with the special mention.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you all back to the Glenview Hotel in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Of The Downs
#2 of 2 in Enniskerry
Wilton Hotel Bray
Wilton Hotel Bray
#2 of 7 in Bray

Been to Glenview Hotel? Share your experiences!