“Service very hit & miss”
Review of Glenview Hotel

Glenview Hotel
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Check-in & receptionist very nice and helpful, bar food & service very poor, ordered one meal, got a different one, chef tried.to persuade me it was vegetarian when there was clearly meat in it :-(
Service staff were good & helpful.
This hotel is good for a quite weekend but a distance from activities.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Maria K
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Glenview Hotel. Your kind compliments regarding our Receptionist and check-in are gratefully received.

I am very sorry to hear of your disappointing meal experience in the Bar.
I would be most grateful if you would contact me on the details below to discuss your experience further.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Tel: 01 2873399

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We went to the Glenview in August with our two little girls. We need a little family break and did one of the two night deals including a 3 course dinner for two. The Kids Clubs were brilliant, our eldest had a blast while we took our infant to dinner with us in the restaurant with the stunning views of the mountains. The next morning we took the girls to the kids club and creche and they loved it so much that the eldest didn't want to leave. After we went for a lovely walk around their beautiful gardens and enjoyed swimming in the pool. I can't wait to go back again. It's the perfect get away for a Dublin Family only an hour away and so relaxing!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Katherine R
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post your review of your recent visit to the Glenview Hotel. We were delighted to read you had the perfect family getaway and the girls enjoyed Gymbos our complimentary Crèche and Delgany Kids Club.

We look forward to welcoming you all back to the Glenview Hotel soon.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

From the moment we walked it we were made so welcome , a girl hazel was on reception , she made us so welcome , the rooms were spacious very clean , the food amazing and the staff very courteous, what a great stay we had and will definitely go back

Room Tip: From what I could see all looked like they had a great view
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Arthur W

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with us from your accommodation, the food and the service you received. I have passed on your compliment to Hazel – she is thrilled with the special mention.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Glenview Hotel in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed October 2, 2013

The staff, leisure centre, rooms, food, golf and surroundings were second to none. A pretty special weekend we will not forget, along with the other 150 from our party who stayed there. We all enjoyed this place. Only complaint was that too many of us were looking to book the spa centre at the same time!

Room Tip: Facing the mountains would be hard to beat
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank paul0dwyer
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit to the Glenview Hotel. We are so pleased to read you and your party enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with us. Your compliments regarding the team are very much appreciated.

I am sorry to hear you did not have the opportunity to experience our Haven Beauty Treatment Rooms. To avoid disappointment I recommend you book an appointment in advance of your next visit. Please check our web site for best available rates and excellent special offers.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed on a 3 night B&B with 3 dinners break 2nd week n Sept with a group of 42 women, with the exception of one couple we had an amazing holiday, With a group as big as this we had a mixed group of interests, Coeliac & Diabetic the food was excellent, Breakfast served every need (my porridge was hum hum) . some danced til early hours despite all the aches & pains some loved the pool.
Loved the place so much returning next week with my man where I plan to revisit with him Glendalough & Powerscourt & Bray

Room Tip: my front facing room was lovely
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mary M
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your excellent review. We look forward to welcoming you back with your partner next week. Your continued custom is very much appreciated.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed in the Glenview for my birthday on September 20 to 22nd . We found the hotel in need of a good cleaning , all the mahogany units up the stairs had a film of dust as did the staircase itself . The room was dated and shabby and the duvet was old and worn . We had a lovely meal on the Saturday night in the Woodlands restaurant food was good and the staff very pleasant . We then went down to the bar where there was a chap playing guitar and piano both rather badly ! After sitting for a few minutes I went to the bar where I waited nearly ten minutes to be served there was a private party in the function room and some of the people from there were using the bar because they couldn't get served in the party room! After eventually getting a drink I watched the bar and at one stage there was nobody served for several minutes because there was no bar person in attendance . Altogether it wasn't really our star and I don't think I would use this hotel again .

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lexan58

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Glenview Hotel. I am pleased to hear you and your wife enjoyed your meal in the Woodlands Restaurant. Your compliment regarding the Restaurant team is very much appreciated.

I am surprised you read your comment regarding the cleanliness of the hotel. We pride ourselves on having extremely high standards of cleanliness throughout the hotel. I am also upset to learn of your disappointing experience in the Bar. I would very much appreciate if you would contact me on the number below to discuss these matters further.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Tel: 01 2873399

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I booked a B&B and dinner package for a special occasion. Upon arrival the reception staff made me feel very welcome. The room was beautiful. Quiet with a fantastic view of the vale, comfortable sofa and armchairs and lovely bathroom. A nice touch was receiving a call from reception shortly after we had checked into the room, to enquire if we were happy with the room.

We took the opportunity to use the leisure centre where we enjoyed a relaxing afternoon. I particularly enjoyed the outdoor hot tub. In the evening we enjoyed a delicious three course dinner. As a vegetarian I was delighted to see the choice. The table we were given afforded us the same stunning view of the valley. Service was impeccable and I was delighted that we were able to celebrate the occasion at the Glenview. Breakfast the following morning did not disappoint, a delicious spread of the same standard as the meal the evening before. A relaxing and memorable stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hols52

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your views of your recent visit to the Glenview Hotel. I am delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Glenview soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Of The Downs
The Martello Hotel
Wilton Hotel Bray
Wilton Hotel Bray
#2 of 7 in Bray

Been to Glenview Hotel? Share your experiences!