“Excellence once again”
Review of Glenview Hotel

Glenview Hotel
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Upon many stays at the Glenview hotel my partner and I cannot seem to seek fault!
From the moment you enter the building you are welcomed by warm and friendly receptionists who are always full of smiles.
We enjoyed a leisurely stroll in the exquisite gardens of the hotel before dining in the conservatory bistro where the staff are exceptional. We were looked after throughout our entire time by a polite young waitress, Kate, who was attentive and very helpful, among other staff, with my partners diet requirements.
The restaurant staff also deserve a pat on the back as our breakfast was to die for. All in all I would, as always, recommend the Glenview hotel for a relaxing break.

• Stayed: June 2013
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review of the Glenview Hotel. We are delighted to read that on each visit we have lived up to your expectations.

I have passed on your lovely compliments to the team. Katie is thrilled with the special mention. I am so glad also to read you enjoyed your dining experience in our Woodlands Restaurant.

We all look forward to you returning to us again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Glenview Hotel

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Myself and my husband stayed here recently and we were really disappointed with everything. The service was bad and the food was awful. We waited a long time for our food and when it arrived it was cold and really tasted like left overs from a few days ago. The hotel decor is in need of upgrading, in some of the rooms the carpets smell of alcohol. The gardens could do with some care and to be honest our stay was far from relaxing as there were noisy kids running around the whole time we were there - especially in the pool area that seemed to be always packed with local, noisy kids and the pool was not very clean. Location is nothing special, view of green areas and a garden that could do with some care...very close to a busy motorway so traffic can be heard from some parts of the hotel. There are much nicer placers to stay in the area for about the same price. Would not recommend staying here even if it was free!

1  Thank Jennie1980_13
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Jennie from New York

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Glenview Hotel.

Both the management and staff are very disappointed to learn of your experience on trip advisor without first giving us the opportunity to address any of the issues raised. We have thoroughly investigated this matter and we cannot find any trace of a couple who have stayed with us from New York. We have had many corporate guests from the states however no couples?

I must say I am truly shocked by your comments . We are a family friendly hotel with a fantastic, professional team that take a personal pride in the hotel and it's guests experiences. Our gardens are always perfectly manicured and we pride ourselves at having extremely high standards of cleanliness throughout the hotel and therefore I disagree with your comments. I have never responded in this fashion to a trip advisor comment in the past, but I feel very strongly that I must respond in this case.

I would be most grateful if you would contact me on the details below to discuss your experience further.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

Tel: 00 353 1 2873399

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Last week I had to pick a colleague up very early from the airport for a meeting. It was in the Kilmacanogue area so I thought that I would bring him to the Glenview Hotel for breakfasr. The restaurant is on the first floor wihich gives you a lovely view out over the Glen -of the-Downs. The sun was shining the food was great, staff very friendly. It was a great start to the day! My colleague was very impressed and said it was a great choice!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent visit to the Glenview Hotel. I am so happy to hear you and your friend had a very enjoyable breakfast in our Woodland Restaurant.

The view of the Glen is indeed magnificent. We are blessed with our location and spectacular views throughout the different seasons.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Glenview Hotel very soon.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed in this hotel on the 15th and 16th of June. The location is beautiful with a stunning view of the Glenn of the Downs, our package included 2 nights B&B with one dinner and chocolates in our room on arrival.
We stayed in room 214 located at the front of the hotel on the first floor The room was clean,small but adequate.
Staff were extremely helpful and courteous. Food was excellent...breakfast was self service whilst dinner was served by young and helpful staff. The location of the dining room was idyllic as it was on the first floor with a view down the valley.
There is a leisure centre attached to the hotel, it too was an extremely good facility with pool,steam room,sauna and jacuzzi, here again staff were friendly and helpful.
The hotel have a courtesy bus however we were informed that it is not operational at the weekends..this we found unusual as the hotel was busy.
The carpet on the corridor first floor in our opinion would need a steam clean as it looked stained.
Very enjoyable and good value stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the hotel with a view down the glen

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your very informative review. We are so glad to read you enjoyed many aspects of your stay including your accommodation, your dining experience in our Woodlands Restaurant and the value you received. Your comments regarding the helpful courteous staff are very much appreciated.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Glenview Hotel in the future.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

This was my first time visiting this part of the country, & I found this hotel very handy & within easy reach of all the main attractions in the county. The staff are excellent in the attention they give , not only to my wife & I, but everyone we spoke to as well. The food was top - notch also. Both dinner & breakfast ! ( these are the only meals we can comment on ,as we were out at lunch - time each day).
I must mention the gardens - they are beautifully laid out, with plenty of seats in shady, secluded spots, & very pleasant walks to pass the evenings.
I can safely recommend this hotel, to all types of traveller, from businessman to leisure - taker, families to solo walkers, & all in - betweeners, you could not ask for a better place to stay. WE GIVE THIS LOCATION 12 / 10.

Room Tip: All the rooms were excellent according to comments we got from other guests

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post an excellent review of your recent visit to the Glenview Hotel. We are delighted to read you had a very enjoyable stay with us and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Glenview Hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I almost could not fault my stay at the Glenview. Food was amazing, the building was impressive and clean, got served a great pint of smithwicks :-) and above all the staff were polite and attentive.

If I had one minor, and I mean very minor recommendation to them would be to improve the atmosphere\layout of the bar on the bottom floor. I got the sense I was in a airport bar\lounge and that it didn't fit well with the rest of the hotel. My girlfriend felt the same but overall we both were impressed with our stay.

Again I stress this is very minor and probably a personal thing more so than anything.

Superb place which I have already recommended to many!

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your excellent review of your recent visit to the Glenview Hotel. We truly appreciate your feedback and many thanks also for your recommendation.

We were so glad to read that you and your partner were very impressed with you stay and we look forward to welcoming you both back to the Glenview in the near future.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I am a member of Walking Club - 42 stayed at the Hotel June 2013.
Food - With a group booking the food was on a reduced menu.
While reduced, the quality of the food was superb.
On one evening one member did not want either of the choice of 2 meals from the fixed menu. When the matter was raised, without question the staff produced an alternative to her satisfaction.
Staff - They could, honestly, not do enough for us, if you asked any member of staff for something they went straight to it. There are other stories of their excellent service, but would take too long, all the staff were friendly and professional.
Hotel - Has all the facilities. Great value to stay at with 4 star treatment
Excellent grounds and gardens.

Room Tip: All the rooms were lovely, like all hotels some slightly better than others for various reasons, be...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write an excellent review of your recent visit to the Glenview Hotel. Your compliments regarding the friendliness and professionalism of our team are very much appreciated.

We are so happy to read you enjoyed many aspects of your stay and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Glenview Hotel in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Of The Downs
#2 of 2 in Enniskerry
Wilton Hotel Bray
Wilton Hotel Bray
#2 of 7 in Bray

Been to Glenview Hotel? Share your experiences!