We spent Easter here with our 4 children aged from 1 to 6. The hotel is ideally located near to all the sights that this beautiful area has to offer.The views from the hotel are gorgeous and the gardens are pretty and a great place to sit and relax.
The staff here were friendly and helpful from beginning to end.Always pleasant and welcoming.I was very sick on the first day so apologies to the staff member who came to replace our lightbulbs :)
The family room was a good size.This is an older hotel,so the rooms are a little dated but clean.There were just 2 issues I had with them.
- The double bed was actually 2 singles pushed together which was a bit uncomfortable
-There was only one plug socket in the room,meaning we had to boil the kettle on the floor which was dangerous with a 2 yr old running around.
The above are easy fixes and I`m certainly not making any huge complaints :)
The breakfast here was wonderful,with a good choice of hot and cold foods (inc the most gorgeous sausages) all served in the delightful woodlands restaurant with its amazing view.The staff here were attentive and cheery and we never had to wait on a table.
The bar food was great value.Ours steaks were cooked to perfection and came with a side order,salad and really fresh cooked veg.The portions were huge and the kids meals were the cheapest around,also with a brilliant choice and portion size.It was so nice to see a kids menu with something other than chicken nuggets and chips!
Kids are very well catered for here.The staff are happy to see them and the free kids club was great.I have never left my children in a club before but gave in and let my 2 older boys go the club for an hour on our last afternoon.I wish I had done it before,as they really enjoyed it and we got peace to have a drink! I didn`t use the pool as I was ill but my partner took our children and remarked on how clean it was and again how helpful the staff were.
The whole break was great,even with the poor weather and the sun did come out on our last day :) We would have stayed on only for work commitments.
I have been coming to Wicklow since I was small and visit as much as I can during the year.I had passed this hotel many times and finally came to stay.I am so glad we did and I am already planning my next trip back.-cant wait!
Thanks for a brilliant time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Glenview Hotel and Leisure Club is a 4 star Luxury Hotel in County Wicklow set on over 30 acres of woodland walks, beautiful gardens and located in the heart of The Garden of Ireland.The Glenview Hotel is located at Junction 9 Glen o' the Downs on the N11.Situated just off the M50 motorway, The Glenview Hotel is only 25 miles driving distance from Dublin City Centre and 30 miles from Dublin Airport.The Glenview Hotel and Leisure Club Wicklow, nestled in the stunning and breathtaking surroundings of The Glen of The Downs and overlooking the Wicklow Mountains is the perfect destination for leisure breaks, activity breaks, meetings, events and weddings in Wicklow. The Glenview Hotel is situated in the scenic garden of Ireland and is the ideal location for your break within a 10 minute drive of Powerscourt House & Gardens in Enniskerry and some of Wicklow’s finest golf courses.The Glenview Hotel in Wicklow offers excellent service in elegant surroundings which makes it a comfortable setting whether it is for business or leisure.Where style and grace meet country hospitality.Glenview Hotel Wicklow features;• 70 deluxe bedrooms including the penthouse suite • Excellent conference, meeting and banqueting facilities• Woodlands Restaurant and Conservatory Bistro and Bar • Extensive Leisure Club with outdoor hot tub. • The Haven Beauty Treatment Suites • Scenic woodland walk & gardens • Complimentary Wi-Fi access throughout the hotel• The Glenview Hotel is a great location, just off the M50 on exit 9 off the N11, south of Bray in County Wicklow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Glenview Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glenview Hotel Glen Of The Downs, County Wicklow, Ireland