“Great choice,lovely staff :)”
Review of Glenview Hotel

Glenview Hotel
belfast,uk
“Great choice,lovely staff :)”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We spent Easter here with our 4 children aged from 1 to 6. The hotel is ideally located near to all the sights that this beautiful area has to offer.The views from the hotel are gorgeous and the gardens are pretty and a great place to sit and relax.
The staff here were friendly and helpful from beginning to end.Always pleasant and welcoming.I was very sick on the first day so apologies to the staff member who came to replace our lightbulbs :)
The family room was a good size.This is an older hotel,so the rooms are a little dated but clean.There were just 2 issues I had with them.
- The double bed was actually 2 singles pushed together which was a bit uncomfortable
-There was only one plug socket in the room,meaning we had to boil the kettle on the floor which was dangerous with a 2 yr old running around.
The above are easy fixes and I`m certainly not making any huge complaints :)
The breakfast here was wonderful,with a good choice of hot and cold foods (inc the most gorgeous sausages) all served in the delightful woodlands restaurant with its amazing view.The staff here were attentive and cheery and we never had to wait on a table.
The bar food was great value.Ours steaks were cooked to perfection and came with a side order,salad and really fresh cooked veg.The portions were huge and the kids meals were the cheapest around,also with a brilliant choice and portion size.It was so nice to see a kids menu with something other than chicken nuggets and chips!
Kids are very well catered for here.The staff are happy to see them and the free kids club was great.I have never left my children in a club before but gave in and let my 2 older boys go the club for an hour on our last afternoon.I wish I had done it before,as they really enjoyed it and we got peace to have a drink! I didn`t use the pool as I was ill but my partner took our children and remarked on how clean it was and again how helpful the staff were.
The whole break was great,even with the poor weather and the sun did come out on our last day :) We would have stayed on only for work commitments.
I have been coming to Wicklow since I was small and visit as much as I can during the year.I had passed this hotel many times and finally came to stay.I am so glad we did and I am already planning my next trip back.-cant wait!
Thanks for a brilliant time!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your views on your recent visit to the Glenview hotel. We are indeed blessed with our location and with a wonderful team that take so much interest in our guests' experience.

I have passed your comment regarding the plug sockets to our Maintenance department for their immediate attention. Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention. I am so sorry you found the bed uncomfortable. If we had known we would have been more than happy to sort this out for you.

We were delighted to read that you and your family had a very enjoyable break with us and that the children thoroughly enjoy our complimentary kids club.

We look forward to welcoming you all back to the Glenview soon and hopefully the weather will have improved for your next visit.

Brian McNamara

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Just back from a weekend break in the Glenview Hotel. It is a great hotel with lovely food and staff. The food was of a very high quality for a value break. The staff in the resturant were super, Delmar was great, with a great senor of humor. Would highly recommend and will be be back again next year

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review of your recent visit to the Glenview Hotel. Your compliments regarding the friendliness our team and especially the Restaurant staff are gratefully appreciated. I will be sure to pass these on to each department.

I am pleased that you found our rates to be very reasonable and I am delighted to read you will be back again next year.

Dublin
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We had a nice stay for Mothers Day at the hotel, There were positves and negatives but it was value for money
We checked in at 2 which was fine, We were given room 231 and personally I feel that room should definitely be high on priority list for overhaul. The ceiling on right hand side of room and wall all way down to radiator was disgraceful. It appears there must have been a very bad flood from upstairs room and it destroyed the walls, looks awful and I wouldnt rent this room out at all, but I suppose we all have different standards.
I also had requested a window seat for dinner on the Sunday night and yet we were told dinner was bar menu only and Woodlands restaurant doesnt open on Sunday night yet when i spoke to receptionist two weeeks before she never mentioned this.. We were actually looking forward to a meal in restaurant and not bar as it looked lovely from the website. Having said that the food was lovely in the bar, the starters were ok but main which was steak was perfect. Given it was Mothers Day it would have been nice to have our meal in the restaurant.
The leisure centre is lovely - very clean and lovely facilities, the staff were lovely in this hotel.
The views from the hotel were great and we finally got to have breakfast in the Woodlands restaurant. Breakfast was lovely - nice and hot and plenty of it.
All in all we had a nice stay and it is value for money but there are other hotels on Lidl breaks offering a better standard

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front and not 231 !!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on your recent visit to the Glenview Hotel. We were very upset to read of your disappointment with your accommodation. We are currently rolling out a plan to upgrade the facilities in our bedrooms. Your feedback is extremely valuable with this process. Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience caused. I am also sorry for your disappointment due to the closure of the Woodlands Restaurant on Mother’s Day evening.

On a positive note I was happy to read that you had an excellent breakfast in the Woodlands Restaurant and a lovely meal in our Conservatory Bar and you also had the opportunity to avail of our Leisure Centre facilities. Many thanks also for your very nice comments about the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Glenview Hotel in the future.

King Regards,

Reviewed March 22, 2013

stayed there last night a break away from the kids..ennnjoyed myself but was a tad disappointed spent the first hour to cold to get dressed to go out eventually asked someone to help mantenance man came up and told us it on comes on certain hoursended up heading out for a drive to get some heat in the car when to be honest only wanted to chill in the room with me magazines (which is a novelty when u have 3 young kids)..came back room was warm went to dinner..staff were klovely :) main course was massive but they burned me fudge cake :( have to say yis have amazing staff but cudnt help coming home feeling a tad disappointed :(

Room Tip: ring ahead and ask them to switch the heat on
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent visit to the Glenview hotel. I am very sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with the heating in your room. I was pleased to read that our Manager on Duty rectified the situation

I was delighted to hear that overall you had a an enjoyable stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Glenview hotel soon.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Got a good deal on this hotel for b&b but certainly Would'nt pay the full price
the hotel is asking on its website.The hotel is fairly dated,but the rooms are clean and tidy.Had
food in both the bar and restaurant and it was'nt great if im honest.Location is ideal if you
like long walks and there,s some great scenery to be had,but other than that it really was'nt for us.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank scarecrowjoe
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feed back on your recent visit to the Glenview Hotel. All comments whether good or bad help us to improve our service for our guests.

Many thanks again for taking the time to post your review.

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 1 night on work trip. Staff were extremely helpful, couldn't do enough. Business centre with printing all free for guests. Warm comfortable room, clean bathroom. Good light in room, could have nicer net curtain on ground floor room for during day. Breakfast upstairs with great view, reasonable selection and efficient staff. Not very near many attractions but ideal midpoint stopover for longer journey.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of the Glenview Hotel. Your comments regarding the friendliness and helpfulness of our team are gratefully appreciated. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to them.

I would just like to clarify that the Glenview Hotel is ideally located close to a wide range of attractions, activity sporting and relaxing. Whether you are looking for a family activity or adventure break; to relax and enjoy the many beautiful gardens in the garden of Ireland; to explore the historical sites; try out one of the many championship golf courses close by or just enjoy the beautiful forest walks and beaches and coves in Wicklow. The location of the hotel is perfect to explore and enjoy all these options. We are also situated at Junction 9 on the N11 only 25 minutes drive from Dublin city centre. The next time you come to stay please ask at Reception for more details.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Glenview Hotel soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed March 15, 2013

4 girls on 2 night axa leisure spa weekend. We have been on many of these breaks and the excellent value of the spa treatments, and the quality of the food and service more than made up for the slightly dated feel of the hotel. The girls in the Haven Spa have a very small area to work in but the quality of the treatments is excellent.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your lovely review. The girls from the Haven are delighted with the special mention.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Glenview Hotel in the future.

Kind Regards

Summerhill House Hotel
Summerhill House Hotel
#2 of 2 in Enniskerry
Woodenbridge Hotel & Lodge

Been to Glenview Hotel? Share your experiences!