Glenview Hotel
Parkview Hotel(Newtown Mount Kennedy)(Great Value!)
$69
Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort(Newtown Mount Kennedy)
$176
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
1,124 results
All reviewsleisure centreconservatory barexecutive roomwoodland walklovely hotelthe outdoor hot tubkids clubbit datedmain restaurantrelaxing stayfamily roomshort breaksaturday nightbeautiful locationwaiting stafflast weekendfood was lovely
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed here with my mum and sisters for a weekend. Hotel is lovely, decorated in old style. Rooms were well appointed with comfortable beds, tvs need to be updated. We had dinner in the bar on the first night and in the restaurant the second night. Both meals were lovely and good wine list. It's only 15 mins from Dundrum which was perfect as it rained non stop that weekend so we were unable to take advantage of the lovely outdoors. We stayed on lidl breaks which was fantastic value.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lollypops12
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

We were delighted to read you had a very enjoyable "girly break" with your mum and sisters at the Glenview Hotel. We are so glad to hear that every aspect of your visit from accommodation to food to service was wonderful.

Hopefully the weather will be better for your next visit.

We look forward to welcoming you all back to the Glenview Hotel soon.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I can strongly reccomend staying at this hotel. Food is amazing. Restaurant staff uber efficent!!!! Would stay again for sure. Excellent all round. We went for a relaxing weekend and we were not disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank akehoe

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your wonderful feedback on your recent stay at the Glenview hotel. Our Restaurant staff were very pleased with the special mention.

We are delighted to hear that you are planning a return visit. Don't leave it too long.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Glenview Hotel very soon.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed here on a special deal just after Christmas - was excellent value break but couldn't help wondering if it was too good to be true and there was going to be some issue over something not being included in the package or being overcharged (I'm a natural cynic!)

But everything went smoothly. The staff were some of the friendliest hotel staff I've ever encountered - always saying hello in the corridor and making sure everything was okay with the meals etc.

The hotel was very cosy with a lovely fire as you walk in. The rooms themselves are comfortable though could do with a lick of paint here and there. The carpet in the hallway has seen better days. But everything was very clean and the rooms had everything you needed.

Only quibble I would have is the noise from people walking down the corridor - not much that the hotel can do to stop people being loud late at night but woeful lack of sound insulation to the rooms!

Not much of a view outside as we were facing the back of the hotel but still a bit of greenery to look at.

The food was excellent - both bar food and the restaurant food (the latter was included in the package).

I was surprised that the Haven treatment area wasn't a full spa but was just a couple of treatment rooms but the treatment itself (massage) was great so no big complaints on that front.

Didn't use the leisure centre but looked well maintained and was being used by lots of people.

The setting for the hotel is lovely and we took a walk around the grounds and out to the main road.

Overall, a really relaxing stay and can't say enough about the friendliness of the staff.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your review on your recent visit to the Glenview Hotel. Your compliments regarding the team are very much appreciated.

We are also delighted to read that overall you had a relaxing stay with us .
We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Glenview hotel soon

Many thanks again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 18, 2013

It's five years since I have been to the Glenview and I am delighted to see it is as good as ever. This time I was just on a one night overnight with a friend. The deal was really good value. The room was lovely. Beds comfortable and warm. We had treatments in the Haven with the loveliest therapists. Very friendly and nice girls. Yes some people might class the decor as a bit dated but I think the place is charming. Everywhere is spotlessly clean.All of the staff we had dealings with were lovely in the Reception, Bar, and Restaurant. We had planned to spend the next day there using the leisure centre and having more treatments but the weather was quite bad when we woke so we decided to leave for home just after breakfast. I will most certainly be back again, hopefully a lot sooner than my return this time.

Room Tip: We were in an executive room on the first floor just above the front door. A lovely room and very quiet
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read you had another very enjoyable stay in the Glenview hotel. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team. I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an excellent experience have been appreciated.

Many thanks for your wonderful review and we look forward welcoming you back to the Glenview hotel soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed here with my girls 14 & 18 and WE had a FABULOUS time... The Staff are Excellent and went out of their way....Nothing was too much and the Food was Gorgeous! The Spa is so relaxing and as it was Chrismas week.... the atmosphere was unreal.... We enjoyed every Nano second here and thanks to staff and the Manager, Brian, Elana, and all the waiters.. we got to know them like family..... Thank you guys.. we be Back soon!!! ALL the staff need to be commended! The scene, the setting the rooms, the facilities, the food.... the ambience all 5 STAR! Thank You guys for a Wonderful Weekend!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Fiona P
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I was delighted to read that you all had a very enjoyable stay with us. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team. I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an excellent experience have been appreciated.