1,562 results
All reviews go karts pet farm kids club train ride crazy golf family den santa train indoor play area santa experience mini farm petting zoo great for kids swimming pool mini golf child friendly hotel play zone family hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed August 7, 2017

We've just returned from a weekend break here for a wedding but it is also a family holiday destination. I'm not entirely sure about the mix but in business terms I can see it make sense. What it does mean is that people in their finery mix with children and families coming back from the seaside! We had booked a standard double but were put in an executive suite. It was a huge room but had no fridge (therefore no mini bar), which you would expect in an executive room (and probably all hotel rooms these days). however, the air conditioning worked very efficiently, the tea making facilities were good quality and the safe was useful for passports etc.For an executive suite I would have expected larger (bath sheet) towels but the soap dispenser at the wash hand basin made up for it; it is frustrating that some hotels don't provide anything or a large soap bar that will get wasted. (There was also shampoo and conditioner dispenser in the shower for those who wanted it and a rack of toiletries but I wasn't sure if these were just for show!) The breakfast was buffet style and had a wide selection and was plentiful. As a wedding venue it was very nice and clearly a well oiled machine in these things; catering for large groups is never going to result in cordon bleu standards but it was all hot, served together and nicely presented. As a family holiday venue, the children are very well catered for but the food menu in the bar and even the pizzeria were very limited and what we had was ok but not outstanding. The hotel is well used and takes quite a bashing but it appears they work hard to keep it looking nice and finally every member of staff we came into contact with was very friendly and helpful. They all seemed cheerful and very accommodating. It is quite expensive for a weekend but very convenient when attending a wedding there and great if you have time to make use of the facilities for the children.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
AmberSpringsGM, General Manager at Amber Springs Hotel and Health Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2017

Dear Fussym00, ( great name for a reviewer!)
thank you for your comprehensive & honest feedback - I do agree that sometimes Wedding groups & family are sometimes a little bit oil & water but we do have the luxury of a private wedding entrance & separate ballroom that is well away from the main body of the building which allows both groups to enjoy themselves in their own spaces, we are reviewing moving to fridges to all rooms & will have in our new rooms which are being built at present which will also have aircon, unfortunately only limited rooms in the present structure have aircon, delighted you found the team very friendly & efficient - we work incredibly hard to keep the property in tip top condition and with the ever increasing popularity of The Amber Springs it does take a wee bit of a "bashing" so we keep plugging away. glad you had a great day at the wedding and look forward to welcoming you back very soon

Reviewed August 1, 2017

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights as a family of 4. amazing things to do for little children. Food in hotel was lovely, found all staff to be lovely and very helpful. If pool had a little slide or something for kids it would be amazing. Great kids club for children. will def return.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
AmberSpringsGM, General Manager at Amber Springs Hotel and Health Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2017

Dear illy021,
thank you so much for your lovely word, I am delighted that our food service & quality hit the mark, our kids club is second to none & I am very pleased your little ones had a ball in the hotel and there, look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
thank you.

Reviewed August 1, 2017 via mobile

Would highly recommend the spa, as soon as you arrive it's very relaxing! I went a few minutes before my treatment so I could use the relaxation room and it was lovely. My massage was amazing and the dry flotation was so relaxing. Will be back next time I'm in Wexford

Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Gill P ,
thank you so much for your great feedback about cocoon @ The Amber Springs , I will pass it on to Ruth and her team, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

Just back from a 3 night stay there & I must say I did find some shortfalls in what is promoting itself as a family hotel. First and foremost there is no fridges in the rooms. What I would have thought a must where people are traveling with toddlers etc. There was a cooler in the room which didn't keep whatever was placed in cool. We were told there was a fridge at reception we could use but who wants to run down to reception umpteen times a night when the little ones want some milk from their bottle.
Also when my daughter open the press to put her bottle in the fridge the door fell off the press, something that should have been fixed before the room was handed over to us. There were also 2 lights in the room not working, one over the bath so we had to request this be fixed as it's quite dark when the shower curtain is closed. The 2nd never got changed, I would have thought housekeeping would have taken note of these things.
Speaking of housekeeping, I'm not sure sure it's their fault or receptions fault but we never received turn down services requested and also had to call down numerous times for towels, on average 3 calls every time we needed some. Which was a few times a day as we swam & no-one could get the towel rail in our room working to dry togs / towels. Also when we reversed the fan to try cool down the room the thickness of the dust that fell from the fan was sickening. It definitely made me question what the deep clean regime was.
We'd also reserved bed rails on booking the hotel a few months ago & when we arrived there was none in the room so when we went looking for them only 3 were available meaning one side had to go without.
On the plus side there's plenty of activities for the kids, long pool times 9am to 6:30pm. Do keep in mind you have to pay for alot of these activities, we thought they may have been included for hotel guests but that was not the case.

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Jennie C

Dear Jennie C,
thank you so much for your constructive & comprehensive feedback, we are working toward having fridges in all rooms - our new phase of 48 rooms will be fully air-conditioned & will have fridges, we will phase fridges into all other rooms in the future, on the maintenance side I will address personally with my team - I am delighted that the kids had a ball and I do hope we will be able to welcome you back to the Amber Springs very soon.

Reviewed July 30, 2017

Absolutely fabulous, Staff couldn't do enough for you. No matter what you wanted, it was no problem and one thing that I noticed was that all the staff always had a smile. Hotel situated just 5 minute walk to town. Would highly recommend it. A great place for children as well.

Room tip: There was quite a lot of us so as far as I could see all the rooms were lovely.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear May,
I am delighted with your feedback, I could ask for no more, our team are our greatest asset & happy team=happy guests , I do look forward to welcoming you back to the Amber Springs Hotel very very soon.